Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OOOH those Slick Trick's

Old 08-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OOOH those Slick Trick's

Slick Tricks are great. They rank right up there with the Magnus Stingers. In fact, both broadheads are flying perfectly straight like field points out of my setup. I just have to shoot them again when it's really windy out and see how they fare in that type of condition.

Here's my opinion (for whatever its worth) on the broadheads:

Magnus Stingers: Nasty, wickedly evil sharp! How did these things stay in the package? I mean, I've heard of broadheads being sharp - but God----!!!! These things slice cleanly like a surgical scalpel through anything you can think of. They fly beautiful like field tips too with incredible penetration.

Slick Tricks: Really cool looking, nasty little broadhead! All steel construction and rugged as all heck. Not as surgically, viciously, sharp as Magnus Stinger, but can easily be sharpened up to be as sharp as Thunderheads and/or Muzzys. These little buggers fly like darts! I have never seen a 4 blade broadhead fly quite like these do. {Yes, they are that accurate...}

In summary: Magnus Stingers cleanly slice and dice with the precision of a skilled surgeon. Slick Tricks punch like a heavyweight boxer with an attitude.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm certainly glad to hear your good review's on these 2 head's butch ,I'm looking forward to trying them for myself.

nubo
Old 09-01-2005, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I finally got mine out last night for the first time. I was expecting to have to tune the bow a bit to get them to group with my field points. I have 125's on the front of 28" GT 75/95's. I decided to shoot them at 50 yards hoping I wouldn't wreck arrows at this distance. I ended up having to refletch all of them last night becauseboth the field points and broadheadsall ended up with about 2 1/2 fletchings on them..........

I don't think I am going to shoot them much more until it is right before time to stick a deer. I am impressed with their flight to say the least, at least as good as the mechanicals I have shot in the past.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nubo
I'm certainly glad to hear your good review's on these 2 head's butch ,I'm looking forward to trying them for myself.

nubo
Hey again,

The other day after work, I went out again in the wind (the 30mph after effects from Katrina - we only got brushed in VA by the hurricane/tropical storm winds) and tried both of the broadheads in a gusty wind. Here's the results:

Magnus Stinger: Flew great intoa headwind. With the broadhead aligned vertical with the bow string, it did not try to plane upwards or downwards at all. It went totally straight. When the windswirledfrom the south instead of the west, there was only one case where the Stinger went a little offtrack - but only about 1" to the right (or maybe it was me... ) Still slicedand penetrated the target like normal. An amazing viciously sharp broadhead!

Slick Trick: Still an amazing broadhead, even in swirling winds and headwinds. This nasty littlething still flew like a dart! It never went offtrack or planed up, down, side to side, etc... It still hit dead-on and punched through the target. I didnt' know what to expect from a 4 blade broadhead in the gusty winds, but the Slick Trick proved to be incredible!

So, I have finally, FINALLY come to a conclusion regarding my broadheads in my quiver: It is a virtual tie, ladies and gentlemen. I have the best of both worlds in my opinion!

Nice quiet calm/gentle breeze type ofhunting day: Magnus Stinger

Nice but breezy to windy type of hunting day: Slick Trick

Butch A.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys I have a question. I am fairly new to bow hunting but I thought if your bow was tuned right that your broadhead should hit same as field points? So why is it such a big deal that these(slick tricks) hit the same as field points? I have shot different types of BH out of my bow and they all hit the same as my field points. I have used cheapo wal-mart heads as well as muzzy and NAP heads and all with the same results. So why does every one say they need to tune for BH? Just wondering what you all thought.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

hoosierhunter,

Not all broadheads hit the same as field tips. Some do, some don't There is a huge guide on the internet from Easton's website in a .pdf (adobe acrobat) file. It explains everything about broadheads and field tips.

http://www.eastonarchery.com (look under downloads, I think...)

Old 09-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, there are a lot of broadheads out there that will not fly as good as others. I could screw on a Muzzy and hit exactly where I was aiming and then replace that Muzzy with a thunderhead and be hitting 4 or 5 inches off or vice versa.

Slick tricks are the best flying broadhead out of more bows for more people than any other broadhead I have seen or shot.

It's kind of like finding that bullet or load that your rifle likes. Slick tricks just happend to be a "bullet" that most all bows and shooters shoot well.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hoosierhunter, your right about a tuned bow shooting most heads well.
But when the speeds increase above 275ishthings get real critical. A broadhead that is more foregiving will help make up for the little inconsistencies that make fast fixedblade flight so tricky.
You can get by with a lot of things at 240 that a big fixed head will not allow above 270 imho.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:30 AM

Just saw you can get the stingers with serated edges
Old 09-02-2005, 08:10 AM

my slick tricks finally came yesterday. if you don't want to wait 9.5 days for delivery, don't order from jesse's hunting store.

anyway picked 3 arrow from random of my 20 or so and put the tricks on. took 3 shots from 20 yards. i couldn't believe how they flew, but what can you tell from 20.

went back to 40 yards. stuck 2 within 1.5" of bullseye on the yellowjacket target and the flight was unbelievable. stuck the other in the 12 ring of my 3-d deer from 41.5 yards. great!

went back to 70 yards. first arrow, 3" from bullzeye - when i say bullseye i mean a 1" piece of tape - not a big one. 2nd arrow 2" from bullseye. 3rd arrow 5" from bullseye. each one flew like a dart in a very slight breeze - i mean very slight. i've never seen a 4 blade fly so well with absolutely no adjustment to my bow. (i've got witnesses, but i generall shoot around 5" groups from 70 - i practice from there a lot.)

my neighbor brought over 6 brand new muzzy camo 4 blades for me to test against the tricks. when he saw the tricks on my arrows he has already decided he's ordering some. the muzzy's look good, but you can tell by looking there is less cutting area because of the super fat ferrul.

Quick Reply: OOOH those Slick Trick's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.