Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OOOH those Slick Trick's

Old 08-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: OOOH those Slick Trick's

A friend and I are going elk hunting in Idaho this year........we both are big fans of NAP Spitfire expandable broadheads..........we both have taken alot of critters with these heads.PROBLEM, expandables are "illegal"in Idaho!
I have been reading about these "New generation" fixed blades for awhile and we decided to try them out.
I ordered the Sonic 125 and my buddy got the 125Slick Tricks.........I set my arrows up with Quik Spin vanes as did my friend,hes using Easton Axis and Im shooting Gold Tips.We paper tuned both bows tobullithole at 5yards.Im shooting a Q2XL and he shoots a SwitchBack.....both set at 70lbs. and shooting in the low 260fps range.
Both bows were sighted in with field points..........
We both got out our respective "Newgeneration" broadheads and screwed them on an arrow,then spin checked them,both spun true.........
By the way,I bought a Block 4x4 to test these out on and they are "JUNK" took it in and got my money back.
To make a long story short........both the Sonic and Slick Trick shot with our field points,Iv never seen a fixed blade fly as well as both these heads do!!!! We shot from 20 to 50 yards.......and ruined alot of Quik Spin vanes as we were shaving them off if we shot to many arrows at the same spot.
We then traded broadheads and the Slick Tricks shot just as good from my bow as the Sonics!My buddy shot the Sonics........same thing , Dead On!
If you want a accurate flying fixed blade broadheadI dont think you could go wrong with either of these!

Old 08-25-2005, 08:30 PM

well i've got 6 ST's on the way and some replacement blades. funny, i was also looking at those sonics. they look real nice also.

crimson talon... i'm not shooting a deer with a blade that breaks when it hits the target, huh-uh, no.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

crimson talon... i'm not shooting a deer with a blade that breaks when it hits the target, huh-uh, no.
I agree 100%. I have3 of the Crimson Talon broadheads and I won't use them for anything except practice. I have no faith in their blades. They just seem too flimsy to me. [&:]
Old 08-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree guy's ,I've had a bad experience with the CT's as well ,I ended up giving them away.As for the 4 blade muzzy's I've never used them ,but I was with TerryM when he shot those Slick Trick's and I was impressed with the flight characteristic's ,and sharp OH Yea definately sharp ,it's what i really liked about them compared to my Montec's ,but I still like the Montec's but you need to keep a close eye on the edge in order to keep them sharp.But they are a good head .

nubo
Old 08-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

May give 'em a whirl this year. Shop has a couple packs. They do looklike a stout/well designed head.Wasn't terribly impressed w/ the blade sharpness but that's a quick fix
Old 08-30-2005, 10:42 AM

So what are you guys using to sharpen the blades? All I have is a 3 blade stone so I need to go out and get something for the ST's.

Opinions???
Old 08-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

May give 'em a whirl this year. Shop has a couple packs. They do looklike a stout/well designed head.Wasn't terribly impressed w/ the blade sharpness but that's a quick fix
Jeffy, the thought process I went through last year led me to believe the larger than would seem to be wound channel had to be caused by a combination of the "more blunt" pyramid type tip, the "less than scalpel sharp" blades and the shallow blade angle all working in tandem to stretch tissue forward prior to cutting it.

Also, it's good to see you smiling again
Old 08-30-2005, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

Jeffy, the thought process I went through last year led me to believe the larger than would seem to be wound channel had to be caused by a combination of the "more blunt" pyramid type tip, the "less than scalpel sharp" blades and the shallow blade angle all working in tandem to stretch tissue forward prior to cutting it.
Uhmmm.....

no comment

Also, it's good to see you smiling again
Been a rough year and a half, but startin to settle down a bit...hope allis well with you
Old 08-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Dominant Buck

slick tricks are great. I just wish a store would start carrying them.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:07 PM

i havn't tried this slick tricks but might buy a few here soon... right now i am shooting viper venoms. they fly really well and hit exactly the same as my field points. i have shot them clean through my block target several times and hit the plywood behind it without any damage to the blades i just hope the wound channel is as good as advertised

Quick Reply: OOOH those Slick Trick's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.