Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OOOH those Slick Trick's

Old 08-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: OOOH those Slick Trick's

Gibblet, that is exactly why I (and others here) tried slick tricks in the first place.

They are a no nonsence broadhead that does everything a broadhead should do and excels at it. They are solid steel so they are incredibly tough, they cut a huge four blade hole, the blade retention system used is second to none for a replaceable blade head, and they fly perfectly.

IMHO slick tricks are what other broadheads strive to be.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are great. Mine are shooting more true than field point.. if that makes any sense.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:49 PM

Yeah, the only way i would have given a second thought to them is from here. I've seen the ads, but they're not really convincing. However, one suggestion is that they get the blades alot sharper..They claim razor sharp, but they certainly don't compare to the 3 blades on my Gillette. The rocket 3 blade Ultimate Steel 75's i shot last year grouped nice, could shave leg hair, and had a .035" blade(i think thats right..maybe it was .35..something like that)..With the dullness of the ST's, I"m almost having second thoughts, but im going to give them a shot anyway.

slayer
Old 08-25-2005, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't take this the wrong way, but (other than the ferrule/one piece construction), how are these different than the muzzy 4 Blades that have been around for years? Anyone here used both the slick tricks and the Muzzy 4 blades that can make a comparison?

I was looking at them the other night in the shop, and the owner nor I can understand why all of a sudden these have become such a "hot" item. I shot the Muzzy 4 blade 90's (1")for a couple of years, and the 115 grain4 blades(1 1/8")in one setup, and they were/are good heads, but I'm not sureI'dcall either of them "devastating" as regards to tissue damage and bloodtrails

Again, this is a legit question on my part, not a
Old 08-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,

I can't make the comparison because the slick trick is the first 4 blade head that I have ever shot. But, I can answer part of the question. I have shot about every kind of 3 blade head on the market as well as many of the mechanicals through whitetails and the slick tricks do a TON of damage. They are as impressive as the biggermechanicals in terms of tissue damage IMO. Plus they fly extremely well for the majority of shooters and tend to shoot with field points. The blades lock in nice and tight and they are super tough. They are worth picking up a pack and trying. Only you can decide if they are right for you or not but I have been impressed with them. I think you would to but if not you wouldn't be out a lot of $$$ to know for sure. But if you already have a broadhead that shoots well for you and that you are confident in then I would stick with it. But they are a solid, accurate, and deadly broadhead.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: silentassassin
They are as impressive as the biggermechanicals in terms of tissue damage IMO.
I've heard this a couple times, and this is the part I just cannot fathom... I've seen what a 1.75 and larger mech can do to a deer, and a 4 blade sidewinderor a 3 blade Vortex wound isjust a thing of beauty I cannot imagine the Slick Trick, 4 blades or not with such asmall diameter(even with the blade angle the utilize) approaching this kind of level of destruction.

Not doubting your integrity/experience SA , just hard for me to understand.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:57 AM

Jeff, I am not sure why they became such a hot item(slick tricks) I think it has to do with the garuntee(sp). Gary garuntees the slick tricks to fly like you field points and they do. I geuss it is a product that does what they say they will. This is just my 2 cents.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Spike

I shoot a 05 Hoyt protec, 54 lbs, 28 inch draw. Carbon express 200s. I can't get 100 grain three blade muzzys to impact the same place as my field points. They are about three inches left at 20 yds. Tried moving the rest to the right, also left. However 100 gr slick tricks hit the same place as my field points. I think it maybe has something to do with the ferrel being narrow then widening the last part that makes them fly like field points. Just a guess.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:19 PM
JR1

I finally broke downd and tried some myself last week, and I am more than impressed with the flight of these heads. I've shot a dozen broadheads over the past several years and none of them have flown quite as good as these did without any tweaking to my fieldpoint setup.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:24 PM

The Talons leave a hole as if you shot the animal with a .270-30.06 without the blowout. Depends on what grain used and arrow speed. They did a test on the Crimson website for all their broadheads and expandables. I'm hunting with the Crimson Croc. Gotta love a wound chanel that won't close. Nice easy trail to follow.

Quick Reply: OOOH those Slick Trick's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.