Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Problems

Old 08-21-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Bowtech Problems

Once again, I have a problem with the bolt on my Bowtech Allegiance sticking. It will only turn under extreme force. I can barely turn it once. I took it in to a shop to get the bottom bolt fixed. I now have to take it back, a two hour drive in a surburban with gas at $2.50 a gallon, to get the top bolt fixed. Is there any way I can fix the bolt at my house without a press? Is there is a grease I could put in the hole to loosen the bolt.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Problems

If it were me I'd not chance trying to fix it myself if this is the 2nd time. I'd have it thoroughly checked out by a repair shop. Perhaps there is something more going on with the bow. Last thing you want to do is possibly make the problem worse by damaging the threads on the limb bolt.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

If this was the second time you had this problem I would send it back to Bowtech and get it fixed...
Old 08-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hmm, I have had some bows that were extremely difficult to turn the limb bolts on but never one that "stuck"...and now you have had two on the same bow. I would be interested to hear what the pro shop says. Just out of curiousity, did you loosen the lock down screw on the side of the limb pocket first before attempting to turn the limb bolt in and out?
Not accusing, just asking.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Just out of curiousity, did you loosen the lock down screw on the side of the limb pocket first before attempting to turn the limb bolt in and out?
Not accusing, just asking.
No comment! I just went back there to loosen the screw and try to tighten the bolt. It did not help at all. It will turn, but it takes some man power. The bottom bolt would not turn, no matter how hard I tried. If I could get a tool that had a long arm, I could get a better grip. I don't know if I should even try turning it if it is that hard to turn though.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:35 PM

Do you change the draw weight often? Take it back to your dealer and get new limb bolts and barrell nuts and fix it right.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm, something sounds goofy here. Just curious, have you in the past not loosened the lock down bolts before adjusting poundage? The reason I'm saying this, is because there is a possibility that the threads in the riser got messed up. This would surely cause this issue.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:40 PM

I forgot to loosen the bolts once, and I was only adjusting it one turn. I will contact the dealer and have him order some bolts.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try puttinga little lithium grease onthe bevel of the limb bolt head where it contacts the limb bolt bezel.

Sometimes the black oxide coating of the limb bolts doesn't agree with the film dip on thebezelsand theybind up some.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:44 PM

Where can I get the lithium grease? Do I need to use a bow press to put the grease on?

Quick Reply: Bowtech Problems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.