Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot single cam shooters?

Old 09-06-2005, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Patriot single cam shooters?

I got mine tuned last week. I am pulling 71 lbs @ 29". For hunting I am shooting a 28 1/2" Gold Tip XT 75/95 with 125 grain points, and 4" vanes on top of a wrap on the back end. First get your centershot right, this should be the easy part if your are relatively close to the correct spine. Then, making sure your rest is level with the plunger hole, setup your nock point 1/8" high. If you need to make adjustments to the nock height, move the nock not the rest. The rest should always be at the same height as the plunger hole.

I always make sure the bottom limb has an extra 1/4 turn of limb bolt when compared to the top as well. It shoots bullet holes in paper this way and groups my Slick Trick 125's at about 4" at 50 when mixed in with my field pointswhen Iam doing my part.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rick, what rest are you using?

I'm shooting 28.5" ics 340'swhich should spine real close to your arras, but I and haven't considered 125 grain heads for them??

You put 1/4 turn in the bottom bolt, I took 1/2 out of my top- should be close there.
If your at 71# right now, what does your bow max at?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

My bow is a bit of a freak........it maxes out at about 75 according to two different sets of scales. I am using the dropzone guide series.

Also on another note..........it took me a while to get the timing of my dropzone down. Before I had this setup properly, I was getting all sorts of weird tears that needed to be fixed. Moving the rest all over heck didn't fix anything. I finally timed the drop zone so it barely hit the full up position when my bow hit the draw stop pegs. The weird tears then dissapeared instantly and the bow tuned well.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad to see you endured the good fight.I was battling my dropzone and trophy taker so muchI gave up and put them on the shelf. Same problem- weird tears all over the place that wouldn't leave no matter whatI tried.
AndI tried everyting EXCEPT!!!- reducing the amount of time the arm was up[&o].I increased it's support over and over to the point where it was pulling on my cables at full draw. I never reduced it to the point of barely being up at full draw. Now you tell me.
When I did have it tuned and shooting well before my string & cable swap I had it coming up about 2.5" before full draw so that is where it started out this year before I moved back a little at a time.

Oh well, it's staying the way it is this year( might play with the nock a little, but that's it). I've got it shooting well and am using a restI have faith in. It was quieter with my drop zone though.

Oh the joys of the infinity cam (at least in my world).
Old 09-17-2005, 12:18 PM

all the arrow flight issues I was having.. now since I have tuned my bow to shoot alot better, still nees work but, slick tricks fly great. I found a Cx 300 at the range that was shorter than my arrow so it must be lighter. it shoots great out of my bow. All this under spined crap I got from ther shop and here I can shoot a 300 now, that fly's great. one more thing to add to the confusion.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kraton, I'm not familiar with carbon expresses spine ratings.

Are the 300's not a stiffer spine than the 400's?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:57 PM

I was under the impression the were NOT as stiff. ?? and Lighter??
Old 09-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I'm reading this chart right, it looks like you are correct.
400's= 8.6 gpi
300's= 8.0gpi