Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

two bows to shoot

Old 08-20-2005, 02:25 PM

Default two bows to shoot

two bows that i think people should test shoot is the browning illusion and fred bear sq32...i shoot both and hear is a mini review the sq32 is very sweet little bow and the craftmanship is good from the cams to the riser to the limb pockets... shoting it there is a very minimal hand shock imean slight, my razortec has more then it and if anybody on here shot the razortec you know there is hardly any.. the accuarcy is as good as the archer is... and with only limb savers on and no string sileancer it is a very quiet bow... the illusion i cant say enough about it this bow is probably the quietest bow i have shot and no hand shock.. smoothest bow i have shot to date speed very good and the grip is perfect..craftmanship is as good or better then many other top bow makers....... in my eyes the illusion is perfect... the fred bear sq32 has to minor things they should do and it whould be perfect bearing in the cam and stainless steel stabalizer bushings.... what do you all think.ps if you say shoot the allegiance or switchback i have.. i also have a allegiance on order and iam thinking really hard to take that off order and buy a illusion..
Old 08-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: two bows to shoot

Go for it.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:45 PM

I shoot the former version of the fred bear sq32. The Buckmasters G2 is one of the quietest bows I have shot to date. Accurate and smooth. I have shot the sq32 in the shop and I must say it rivals the competition....
Old 08-24-2005, 08:03 AM

i just purchased the new sq 32. i am very pleased with it, its quiet, shock free, and very accurate. I robin hooded an arrow after only so shots. Definitely worth the money and look forward to getting out in the field this deer season.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:30 AM

I just purchased the Illusion a few weeks ago and love it. I can't believe how quite and vibration free it is. I would recommend this bow to anyone.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:27 AM

And a friend of mine just recently purchased the Buckmasters G2 and I have to say I was quite impressed. It was both quiet and fast.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Considering the proliferation of new designs I can see how these two bows have not been mentioned much. Both appear to be cutting edge in terms of overall design, cams, limbs, etc.... I have heard some very favorable comments about the Illusion but not much about the Bear at this point. I shot the SQ32 several months ago and was fairly impressed with its feel.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Site Bouncer

I think Browning has gotten a bad rap. It might have to do with the first few models that came out right after the merger with PSE weren't very good, (I don't know..... never shot them.) What I do know is peoplenever seem to mention the Browning line of bows when someone asks about advise on buying a new bow. It's funny becauseI have heardnothing but rave reviews for Brownings new line of bows. I also know having shot Browning bowssince the mid 80's is thatI have never ever experienced "hand shock" at all. All of them including the new one I justpurchased (Blood Brother) were so easy to tune it made me feel guilty almostThey are easy, forgiving and accurateto shoot andall have shot well for me.

Edit: Wow! I kinda got on a Browning rantI think there the Rodney Dangerfield of bowsNo respect.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:38 PM

I shot the Illusion last weekend and liked it so much that I ordered one.
In your opinion are limb savers orany other additioinaldampening device required?
Not so much for comfort but for bow longevity.

thanks
Old 08-26-2005, 04:21 PM

The last Browning bow I had was the OmniBurner w/ the skyline apparition camo.It was a awesome looking bow and shot very well..I harvested 9 deer with that bow that fall..Had I know of this new Illusion being out before I bought my Allegiance I would probably been inclined to try it out. All in all I like Browning bows and think they have come a long way