! These darn blazers are going to be expensive to shoot. I also tried a new Morrel 6 sided broadhead..." />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Those darn blazers !!!!!

Old 08-22-2005, 10:36 AM

Default RE: Those darn blazers !!!!!

How do you guys turn your knock (or arrow) for shooting the blazers? I havea drop away, so it shouldn't be a problem, but some people said that since they are so tall, they point the cock feather or whatever the hell its called straight up, so the bottom 2 fletchings have more clearance.

Does it make any difference?
Old 08-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bees

whoopeee, I have the same results with feathers, my feathers stay on the arrows though, my blazer didn't..

Blazers are definitely a PITA to fletch (all bohning vanes are, IME)

I think coming from shooting standard inexpensive vanes like a typical bohning, duravane, aae/easton diamond, you'll notice a positive diff with the blazers. If you have much experience with feathers, the blazer likely will not impress you that much.

Def a cool product though, if my arrows wear vanes this hunting season, it most likely will be Flex Fletch or Blazers.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

1/2 my hunting arrows are fletched with Blazers and 1/2 with 4" feathers. After having said that...................the arrow sitting on my rest in Colorado will be the one with feathers.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

whoopeee, I have the same results with feathers, my feathers stay on the arrows though, my blazer didn't..
Then I would think you did something wrong installing your blazers. Hey i guess it doesn't rain and the sun always shines in Georgia but up here if its not raining in the fall its only because its snowing so feathers aren't real popular. ( Whoopeee ? )
Old 08-23-2005, 12:45 PM

I shot feathers and they ripped to shreds when I shot them into the grass using a judo point. The feathers also made a 5h!t-load of noise when they brushed against anything.

The Blazersdon't come off of my arrows. In fact, I had a complete pass-through on a wild boar through the shoulders and they still stayed on.

I'll use nothing but Blazers.

Kev
Old 08-23-2005, 08:57 PM
CG

I thought the Blazer hype was a load of doodoo until I put some on this weekend in 4-fletch configuration........HOLY COW!!! They are great!!! Steer at least as good as Quick Spins but they are nearly indestructible......I was intentional shooting the soft spot on my Morrell Yellow Jacket and had the same Blazer fletched arrow pass through at least 8 times and they still look like new (some slight black streaks on one side but other than that, unscathed)....this would have been death to a quickspin........
Old 08-23-2005, 08:58 PM
CG

BTW-I simply used Gel Super Glue and they stick instantly and won't hardly cut off.....