Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

let's see who's the closest

Old 08-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: let's see who's the closest

Looks like I was slow in more than one way
Old 08-18-2005, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also had one of those bows, though only a 60 #er. Loved the bow, never should have sold it. For the same (or even better) speed than you are shooting now, and a very consistent arrow, I'd suggest a Carbon Tech Cheetah 55-80. They are way overspined for my 60-65# bows, yet shoot very well, as well as my ACCs. The first all carbon arrows I've had where all 12 shoot the same. The reason I think your speed might increase is the heavier spine of the arrow would better convert the bow's awesome power into speed than that way underspined 500. If your pro shop suggested those arrows for that bow, and blew off the Gold tip idea, they aren't too savvy about having the arrow fit the bow, or don't know much about that bow.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, I agree Joe. It's deffinately not the pro shop I deal with on a regular basis and I'm hoping it was just that individual I was dealing with and not the entire staff that wasn't that knowledgable. Either way I think I'm going to head to Lancaster Archery to see what they recomend as far as finding an arrow that is better spined and produces the same speed. Thanks for all the info guys.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I left things a little short originally so as not to ruffle any feathers. You know how some guys can be thin skinned. I totally agree with Matt about shooting something closer to a .300 spine. That may be a little on ths tiff side, but it'' most likely be better one you start shooting blades up front. Don't let your proshop blow off things. There is absolutely nothing wrong with GT 22 series. I shoot the Pro's myself and can shoot them down to my present 53# (due to back surgery a couple weeks ago). Depending on what you want to spend there are lots of arrows in this range (spine and weight). Carbon Express CXL 2, Vapor 23 Speeds, Easton Fat Boys. Ya just gotta do your homework and look at your pocketbook, but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the GT 22 series. Nice middle of the road arrow in both quality and price.