Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Levitating arrow rest

Old 08-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Levitating arrow rest

They are working on an insert for carbon arrows. It's not the insert that has to be magnetized, there is a small magnet attached to the back of the insert....and Yes, there is contact up until full draw then the arrow levitates.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess that is moleskin. Now that I put on my specs, I've got a better view of it.[&:]
Old 08-16-2005, 05:46 PM

For carbons you have to use their broad heads that have a magnet in them. This was talked about on AT a while ago. I think I will pass. Neat concept, but it's not going on my bow.

Paul
Old 08-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Site Bouncer

Ya know, I watched that video seems like 100 times (with the volume turned down...anoying sound from that bow) anyway it may just be a bad video but I could swear that arrow is ever so slightly moving around. You can see it just before the arrow is fired. If that's tha case I wounder if it's enough to cause accuracy problems.

I think both the weight of the arrows and the weight of the rest would be much more than most people would care for. After all magnets are heavy and I bet the one in the rest is a pretty good sized one to compensate for the small one in the arrow.

Also the arrow tip needs to be close to the rest. This would make me nervous having a fixed broadhead behind my hand just floating aroundI know the rest completely surrounds the arrow but it'a a pretty big opening.

Other than that it's a pretty neat idea.