Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Form Critique please

Old 08-13-2005, 10:20 AM

Default RE: Form Critique please

It's a roller aid. I can't use it so she uses it. She has such a light draw weight that it works well. Anything over 50 lbs though and eventually the serving or string loop will crush enough to slip thru the rollers. The only thing I can use it on is a metal loop like the UltraNock. She likes it though. It will work on a bow with a hard serving as well.

I'm going to get her a backtension or a scott release eventually I think.

I actually wish her release hand was more relaxed. I don't like the way she is holding on to the release. It is not needed for that type of release.

She shoots pretty decent. She needs some work on holding steady and being consistant with her grip and stance. We had a little shoot with some of my hunting buddies last weekend and she out shot all of them at 20 and 30 yards. They don't shoot year round though, maybe now they will. She was really on all day. I was pretty proud considering she just started shooting this winter.

Thank you for the compliment. I think showing others how to shoot is just as fun if not more than actually shooting. I wish I could find some kids to teach.

Paul
Old 08-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Form Critique please

Thanks for the critique paul. I will get the pics you requested when it cools off some. This 110 degrees zaps your strength. Luckily for me, the outside of the new house is done, and we are working inside now.

I also have basically the same anchor point as you. I actually think its 38.5" ata. but i think thats a moot point right now. I just wish when I ordered the bow, I remembered to take into account that I wasnt shooting it with a loop, and ordered a half inch or even a full inch shorter. Guess that explains my little extra draw, eh? []