Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Form Critique please

Old 08-12-2005, 11:53 AM

Default RE: Form Critique please

I'm sorry, exactly what am I supposed to be looking at?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok, I had something to say about form but after looking at the previous pic I seem to have forgotten.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

I bet she has a nice"whisker biscut" LOL
Old 08-12-2005, 12:57 PM

Actually she leans her head into the string some as well. There are better examples on the thread you pulled that pic from. She is pretty cute though. I watched those games and was not impressed with the shooting abilities I saw. Not to say I am better or anything, but I have seen better for sure. The timed events were pretty impressive however.

If you could get her to coach you I would go for it though.

Paul
Old 08-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like she needs to relax her grip on the riser. Her current death-grip could put a lot of torque on the riser.

Now if she wanted to torque my riser...!!

Mike

Old 08-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sorry, Josh... did you ask something?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:57 AM

josh, if you get that bow shoulder down it'll probably give you that 1/2" of draw you look like you've got too long. i disagree about the string touching your face. i don't think the string should touch your face, nose, or anything unless it barely tickles it near the side. its pretty much impossible to have that happen without crimping your neck over unless you have a long ata bow. i'm not sure if being small changes this, but that's not something either of us need to take into consideration. with a short ata bow its just not going to happen without you bending your neck.

you want your shoulders in a straight line, no matter the angle your bending.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:44 AM

I would agree with really short bows and long draw lengths it is difficult to get the string to touch the tip of your nose. With a short draw length it is possible, I do it. You just have to change the way your hand anchors to your face. And the string may not perfectly bisect the corner of our mouth. However you should pay attention to where it touches your face as well as the arrow. If nothing is touching your face I think you will have a hard time being consistant since you will have no real reference points to draw to. Given the choice I would forgo touching my nose to the string and keep my head straight and level.

You are shooting a protec with a 37 inch ATA, I don't think proper form should be a problem if the bow is set up properly.

Here are some pics of me and my girlfriend. Not perfect, but it will give you an idea of what I am talking about. I'm not standing on level ground either which doesn't help.

Here is Nikki, the wind was blowing and her hair is all messed up. If she finds out I posted this pic she will kill me I think.

This is me:

These are both around 30 inch ATA bows, allbeit at shorter draw lengths. Mine is 26 inches and hers is around 25 inches.

The truth is you can shoot a bow any way you want as long as it's repeatable shot after shot. But look at your pics and then look at mine and ask yourself which looks more comfortable at full draw or to do all day all long Remember if you change anything it will feel odd and wrong at first because you are not use to it. Blind bail shooting will help this.

I do not pay much attention to where my release hand touches my face anymore. I concentrate on using referance points with the string and arrow. If you shoot different bows and releases all the time it changes from set up to set up. And the string should lightly touch your face, not be digging in to it.

Paul
Old 08-13-2005, 08:59 AM

I see where you said it's a new bow, maybe it is not the protec you are shooting. I cannot tell just by looking at them. Especially at full draw.

Paul
Old 08-13-2005, 09:12 AM

The young lady in picture has good form.Her grip is relaxed,nose in center of string,release hand tight to anchor point not floating.I bet she can give you a run for your money.Is that a barner release she is using?
Looks like you taught her well.

Quick Reply: Form Critique please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.