Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rocky Mt. Snyper XP3

Old 08-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rocky Mt. Snyper XP3

I was just wondering if anyone has shot these heads yet. I am sold on the original Snyper and really like the looks of the new ones even better. The only complaint i have with the original was durability and I didn't care much for the cut on contact tip.

Anyone out there shoot these yet?

Old 08-10-2005, 02:17 PM

Default RE: Rocky Mt. Snyper XP3

I have a pack of 3 of them but have not shot them yet. They look devestating though!
Old 08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzy,
I have gone Rocky mt. this year myself........I have 3 different heads here right now I am going to use this season.
The Snyper XP3, GatorXP and the fixed blade Turbos.
All are wicked sharp and the blade deployment of each of the mechs should be quick and reliable.
I haven't shot them yet........I almost cringe at the thought of it because they are so nice and sharp right now.
The XP3 has a neat tip style.....sort of like a cross between a pathfinder with cut on contact edges. It's sharp too.
All in all the head seems "Beefier" than the original Snyper and the tip should make it more durable on heavy hits either in the animal or the ground on the other side.

The Turbos actaully make me nervous handling them, those puppies are mean little things. Its funny after shooting Rockets for so many years.......Those feel like rubber spatula blades in comparison.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased the gator last year and have not shot them yet. I liked the large cutting diameter.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:21 AM

I was real excited when I first read about the new 3 bladed snypers. However, after shooting the turbos (which shoot exactly like my field tips), I can't think of any benefit they would provide with the exception of perhaps shooting in a strong wind. As I recall they have the same 11/8" cutting diameter so that is not really a benefit. I'm very impressed with the turbos--they are as sharp as any blades I've seen this year which is impressive given how beefy they are. I probably won't get to doit this year, but for next year's experimentation, I would like to try the gators on deer or antelope sized game. I'm more impressed with Rocky head every year.