Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What do you guys think and how are ya'll doing?

Old 08-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you guys think and how are ya'll doing?

No kidding, I think the dude is a little uptight. I would prove to Melancon196 my awsome archery skills but I am fresh out of knocks and shafts. I have 6 dozen comming that will prolly last about a week or so. Oh and I have a new target comming to because the center is knocked out of it. Keep practicing my friend you'll get there just keep praticing.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: melancon196

Good morning yall. Just woke up. Actually got to sleep in a long time since summer school at our college is over. Im glad to see some replys. But Im going to be honest. I hear alot about people busting nocks at every distance and frankly I think its crap. I knew Id hear alot of that on here. Ive shot with some really good guys and Ive never seen one that can bust a nock every time at any distance like several of you claim to be able to do. I started this post to see what yall thought of how I was doing and so yall could post your own pics of how yall are doing. If you want everyone on the hunting.net forums to BELIEVE you can actually bust a nock at any distance and everytime like you claim then start posting some pics. Because if you dont Im sure myself and alot of other people are going to believe your just blowing smoke. Sorry if this sounds blunt and rude but when Im shooting great groups by most anyones standards and yall tell me to keep practicing thats rude. moowhuntr said hed be robinhooding hes arrows and 50yrds and losing them all, PROVE IT. MOTOWNHONKEY said the same as huntr, thered be no nocks left, well I say PROVE IT. In reply to Arthur and driftrider, I shot a 3D tourny a few wks back. It was 25 targets out to 40 yrds. With kneeling, sitting, standing, leaning, I got 248 out of 300 on my first 3D shoot. And Im very good at estimating distance. I can pick a spot and be no more then a yrd off out to 45 yrds. So Arthur and driftrider, Im doing ok I guess. I rarely shoot inside of 40yrds, only when Im shooting with my shooting buddy. But I still say those of you that say I need more practice and that you would be losing all your arrows and robinhooding them all out to 50yrds, just prove it
Wow.....I think it was just a little bit of friendly fun. I don't think anyone meant to offend you. Those are some decent groups at 50 yards, nothing to be ashamed of there. Your 3D though..........248 out of 300? How do you guys score to get 300 points out of 25 targets?

With that said, I am ready to roll this year for hunting, and am doing VERY well my first full year of shooting 3D. I have managed to place top 3 in more than half the shoots I attend, and I shot a 294 out of 300 last sunday taking first out of 50+ shooters in the pins class. We score targetsas 10X/8/5/0.......no 11's or 12's and only count X's as tie breakers. I have a very big 2 day shoot that is the biggest in Upstate NY in a few weeks.....Tupper Lake Mountain Challenge. I hope to place top 5 in the pins class and have a realistic chance of cleaning house if I bring my "A" game.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: melancon196

Sorry if this sounds blunt and rude but when Im shooting great groups by most anyones standards and yall tell me to keep practicing thats rude.
You do need to keep practicing, MOTOWN needs to keep practicing, heck even I need to keep practicing! You can always improve your shooting, no matter how good you are.

The people on these boards tend to make a joke in every post. That is what makes this board great.

You should have put the picture of the Mathew's first. That way we would understand why you are shooting so bad!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:50 PM

Prove that you are the one who shot the arrows in the photo....Come on now.....[8D]
Old 08-11-2005, 05:54 AM

Yall can go poke fun at someone else. I just wanted a couple honest opinions and to see if any of yall would show how yall are doing. So most of yall, and yall know who you are, can go screw off.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

LMAO,
Never post a picture of something or ask of opinions around here without getting a little constructive criticism be it good or bad.

Pretty good there, as a member has already stated always room for improvement.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:48 AM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

No, those are fine groups. Nicely done.
As you can see, I complimented your shooting. If that's not good enough for your arogant highness, please, let me know. Next time I will throw a party in your honor.
Get a sense of humor and grow up.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow. I think you spent too much time at Archerytalk.com. Around here I have found people like to joke and engage in friendly banter, not like the ruthless attacks you see at other uptight archery sights. I think you simply mistook the meaning behind some of these posts.
[/align]So, lets have a group hug and all get along. [/align]
Old 08-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yall can go poke fun at someone else. I just wanted a couple honest opinions and to see if any of yall would show how yall are doing. So most of yall, and yall know who you are, can go screw off.
I'm can tell you this much, if you don't take that chip off your shoulder and the stick out of your butt, you aren't going to last long or make many friends here, bud. So far you're doing a good job redefined the meaning of "thin-skinned game." So chill out and stop acting like you're two years old. [:@]

Mike

Old 08-11-2005, 11:26 AM

You know what, when youve served and fought for your country then you can think about calling me "thin skinned". Ive been called things you only dream about. And yeah Ive got a chip, Ive lost too many friends over seas. Soo if you think your the man to take it off, have at it. But a stick up my butt? What is that? One of your fantasies? Who said I was looking for friends? The best friends Ive ever had are right here and thats all I need. And drift, I never bad talked you. But if you want to talk crap you had better grab a seat. And theres a difference between constructive criticism and just plain talking crap. And most of what Ive seen is just plain talking crap.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think and how are ya'll doing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.