Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

quieter bow

Old 08-09-2005, 03:31 PM

Default RE: quieter bow

wow it is there,so i just did look hard enough,,ohwell
i was shooting 2117's at 29" should i stick with those?? but i dont like the glue on nocks as well as the uni-bushings and it is easy to index them to get stinger vertical with the string
as for a stabilizer i do have but i do not know what kind it is, i came of my dad old fred bear.
as for creeping i can tell that cause my new "no-tubing" peep turned and so did me hard loop,talk about hard time shooting with the strings in the way of the peep

and thanks for all the comments and help u have been providing me
Old 08-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

2117's are heavier than the 2315's you're shooting now, but they are a better spine match for your bow. 2215 would be even better, but they're only available with glue-on tapers, as far as I know. If you really like the uni-bushing, then I'd say you'd need to try 2213's. They're even lighter to give you better speed, but they're not as durable. Also, I'm not to comfortable going real light for a hunting arrow due to the low energy output of your bow, and 2213's are getting about as low in weight as I'd say is good. (Not to mention that going lighter in arrow weight is not conducive to quieting down a bow.)

Another option I'd recommend is Carbon Express Terminators, size 4560. They've got enough weight to give you good penetration on deer without really bogging down your bow, and you can index the nocks to your heart's content.

I just caught the 'hard loop' bit. If you've got a metal loop, that could be part of your noise problem too.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:59 PM

i also have some 3-39 a/c/c that i was going to use next year,,used last year did not use this year cause of 85 grain glue in point,,points can be remove with heat and i have half out serts for them so i can put them in and put 100's in them would this be better??