Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Hush kit VS Limb Savers

Old 08-08-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Bowtech Hush kit VS Limb Savers

Just wondering whats the best way to go here. My bow has the factory hush kit, with the limb dampeners all the way up by the pockets as bowtech depicts in their pictures.

Will adding limb savers give me much noise reduction? Disclaimer: Its not a noisy bow to start with.

What about moving the factory dampeners all the way down by the cams? Will that change anything? Just looking for something to putz with.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Hush kit VS Limb Savers

They made a big difference on my mighty might vft. I left the hush kit on it and added the limb savers. I have the bowtech dampners about in the middle of the limbs.

I also added the PSE NV system, that works pretty well too. Took all the bottom limb kick out of it. I also replaced the string silencers with the yarn puff balls.

With 450 grn aluminum arrows all you hear when I shoot is the loop slip off the release and the arrow hit the target. I was shooting with some friends this weekend that have older bows except one, he has a mathews SQ2, not new but not old either. They were freaking out at how quiet my bow was. My darton was pretty quiet with everything on it as well.

Paul
Old 08-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I do is move the factory dampers to about the place I would normally put the limb savers.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I do is move the factory dampers to about the place I would normally put the limb savers.
Ditto.

Mike