Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HOPE for an old bow needs cam?

Old 08-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default HOPE for an old bow needs cam?

i have an old 80-s wooden browning cobra compound bow. this was a laminated pre- set at 35lbs type bow. its super lite weight and grew up with the bow. the top cam is cracked and broken. its a tiny plastic type round wheel. are there any parts or substitute cams for this? I DONT KNOW MUCH TECHNICAL STUFF WHEN IT COMES TO CAMS. dont want to spend much to fix it either. any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HOPE for an old bow needs cam?

Probably not much hope, short of finding another bow like that with good cams on it, but you never know. I would suggest you take it to a pro shop, have them take a look and also check out the condition of the bow to make sure it's still safe to shoot if the cam can be replaced.