Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slick Trick outta hire Bigbulls!

Old 08-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Slick Trick outta hire Bigbulls!

When someone is as passionate about something as bigbulls is about his Slick Tricks, there's just gotta be something to it. I got to thinking about Slick Tricks again and about all the things that bigbulls and others have said about them, and I decided that I just have to give them a shot (pun intended).

I had some B-Day money burning a hole in my pocket and I went to Scheels today to get some new arrows cut, and somehow another pack of Slick Tricks and a set of spare blades ended up coming home with me too. I think that I'm gonna shoot them alongside the Crossfire's I already have, and see which one flies better. If the Slick Tricks fly as well as everyone says they do, then they'll be in my quiver come Oct 1st. Like the old saying goes, don't knock it until you try it, right? Hopefully there's a deer out there that's stupid enough to get close enough to me this year so I can stick one of them through it's lungs.

Mike

Old 08-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick outta hire Bigbulls!

Yeah, BigBulls would be a great PR man for Slick Tricks.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, I would be interested in hearing your comments afterwards. I have had limited good experiences with them so far and just ordered a nice order of them for down at the shop. Now lets see how well they sell.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure you spin test them and correct if needed as stated in the directions. Sounds trivial, but it makes a night and day difference.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lou-lou
Yeah, BigBulls would be a great PR man for Slick Tricks.
Just like you would be a great PR man for Muzzy!

Normally, people find a good broadhead that works well for them andthat is that. I fell in love with Magnus Stingers and how wickedly sharp and evil of a broadhead they are. Then I found Slick Tricks and tried them out too. While they are not as sharp, they fly incredible, maybe even better than the Stingers.

Shoot what you like and go for it....
Old 08-07-2005, 11:19 AM

Just be careful because if for some reason you dont like the Tricks and say so on this site you will get jumped on!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Think you could talk Garry into hiring me driftrider?

I could always use some extra playin around/ hunting money.

When I first heard about ST's two years ago I thought yeah right and put off trying them for a year but I heard some good comments about them and finally decided to try them and found through shooting animals and practicing with them out to 60 yards that they delivered on everything that was advertised. Basically I haven't found a broadhead that combines everything that the slick trick does into a single broadhead. Steel furrel, a blade locking system that will not loose blades, very thick and strong .035" blades, huge four blade hole, and the best flight characteristics I have seen yet.

That's not to say that I don't still try other broadehads if they display all of the characteristics I am looking for in a broadhead. I also have some razor caps I will hopefully get to use on an animal this year. I want to see how well they fly, how well they bust bone, how well they penetrate, etc... when compared to the slick tricks.

Basically I feel that when a product, no matter what it is, delivers as advertised I like to let my fellow hunters know that it isn't a gimmic and does actually work as advertised. Another product like this would be the thermacell. I was skeptical at first with this one too but decided to spend the money and it was the best money I have ever spent on a hunting accessory.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:39 PM

BIGBULLS, be quiet, the less Slick Tricksters in the woods the more deer for me and You. Just kidding, but I love the S/Ts Slick Tricks, silent terminators, smart shooters, sure shots, and on and on. Laughing all the way to the processor. GGBH
Old 08-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Think you could talk Garry into hiring me driftrider?
You bet I'll put in a good word for ya! Me and Garry go WAY back, old drinking buddies...NOT!

Mike

Old 08-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

I shot them last year and knocked a nice nanny with em. I thought they flew as my field points but the blade sharpness always left me leaving them at home. I think that if the manufacture who is here in my state of arkansas could somehow get them blades sharper then they would be the best blade out there IMO. I still like my gator xp's though and will shoot them until I see the blade sharpness of the ST's improved. just my 2 cents.