Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stealth Stabalizer question

Old 08-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Stealth Stabalizer question

I've been doing alot of reading on the Stealth stabalizers and would like to try one. My question is I shoot a 2004 Patriot SC, 29" draw legth, 70lbs and am wondering which model would fit the best a 6"or the 8" model. My bow is set up basically as a whitetail hunting set up, I do shoot the occasional 3d shoot but nothing serious. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

Old 08-06-2005, 07:07 AM

Default RE: Stealth Stabalizer question

i've got pretty much that exact bow and i use a 12" stealth and like it. i haven't tried the smaller ones.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the 8" Stealth on my '03 Patriot and I think it's the perfect fit for me. I tried the 6" first but prefered the extra weight of the 8".

Old 08-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

I talk to alot of archers about their equipment and get alot of feedback about what works well!
The 8 inch Stealth is avery popular choiceon that bow.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

stealthman, welcome back to the boards. You must have been out trying to locate some big bucks!!!!!!! I left the elk alone this week and put a hurting on the huckleberry crop.

Now back to the topic. I went with the 8 inch as I like the feel of a heavier set-up. Both will give you the same feel just one will be a little heavier than the other. Get ready to sell the rest of your stabilizers after shooting a stealth.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got the 8" on my BowTech Patriot Dually and I also like the added weight on the front ,it's a perfect fit for me ,I've also had the 6" o this setup ,but the 8" feel's much better .

nubo
Old 08-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'll go against the grain here, Jerry made me a 4" 6oz for my Patriot and I like it a lot. Main reason I bought my bow was for the compact size and light weight. The 4" Stealth stays "inside" the limbs/riser and doesn't stick out past the limb pockets, therefore keeping the bow compact. Also for hunting, I prefer to keep my bow light since I do a lot of walking so I got the 6oz keeping my bow light weight.

I have thought about getting a 6" 8 oz model for shooting 3D or plinking in the backyard, I could see where the longer/heavier models would help in that scenario.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:47 PM

well, my wife corrected me, mine is an 8", not a 12". wishful thinking i guess.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gibblet !

I just about went and ordered the 12" ,just because you had one .Thank's for the correction LOL.

nubo
Old 08-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you to everyone for the great advice. I ended up ordering the 8" model. Now is the hard part waiting for it to arrive. I can't wait to put it into action.

Quick Reply: Stealth Stabalizer question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.