Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Review on HHA Triple Threat sight

Old 09-25-2002, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Review on HHA Triple Threat sight

Does anyone use this sight and what are the pros and cons? I am looking at replacing my trophy ridge (pins are not durable) and like the vertical pin alignment. What other sights offer the vertical pin allignment? Thanks
Old 09-25-2002, 05:25 PM

Default RE: Review on HHA Triple Threat sight

I don't have an answer concerning your post, but I was womdering what you thought of the vertical pin alignment. I have been thinking of purchasing the Trophy Ridge sight myself (although maybe I'll go with HHA now). I've heard that they help keep the bow level but I've also heard that they don't offer as clear a view. What are your thoughts?
Old 09-26-2002, 10:16 PM

I have the HHA Triple Threat and I really like it. I don't have really much to compare it to but I heard some bad things about the Trophy Ridge and didn't want to take the chance. I have not had any problems. Everything stays tight, the pins haven't broken, and the pins are very visible. At one point, it seemed that one of my pins was SLIGHTLY out of line and I was able to nudge it over to straighten it. Someone on this board who tried this with the Trophy Ridge said the pin broke when he did it. Like I said, I don't have anything to compare it to as it is my first fiber optic site, all I can say is that it's a lot nicer than my old site and that I'm very happy with it. I also bought the little light adapter that goes with it, but I haven't decided if this really helps that much. It doesn't seem to make the sight(fiber optic) glow in the dark rather it just casts some light on it so you can see it.
Hope this helps!!!
-Rob
Old 09-27-2002, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Hokie3. I have ordered the sight and the light that goes with it.
Arrowguy
My left and right groups definitely got tighter when I switched to the vertical pin alignment. As for blocking the view I have not had this problem. AFter shooting a sight with vertical pins I will not go back to the horizontal pins.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

MJR10, I have used both Trophy Ridge sights and the HHA Triple Threat and they are pretty much equal in my eyes. Each has some advantages over the other, but not so much that either shines above the other. For example, I think it is easier to adjust the Trophy Ridge sights and like the tape scale on the sight. With the Triple Treat the pins are definitely more durable as you mentioned and I think the clear lexan pin guard will allow more light to get to the pins. Both have bright pins and have the vertical pins. After shooting the vertical pins for a while I have found that I do have trouble gapping with them and have actually switched to a Spot Hogg sight. Gapping is easier, but there is still a vertical guide wire that keeps the lefts and rights accurate. Hope this helps.