Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New String and cables

Old 08-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default New String and cables

I posted a thread a while ago about what string and cables I should put on my mathews, I forgot what was said, well I went to the shop and he advised me that using 8125 for my string and 452x was the best out there right now, so that's what I did. Wondering if I made a mistake. Hopefully this wasen't just a plot to get my money on what he had at the shop. I really don't know this guy to well because I'm changing shops due the fact the old one didn't have time for me after I dropped 4 grand in 4 years with them on stuff, they got cocky and forgot about the guys who got them where they were today. Let me know if this new shop did me right!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New String and cables

The string and cable material's they suggested are the best out there today ,they are steering you in the right direction.

nubo
Old 08-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I'm reading it right you have an 8125 for your string and a 452x for your cable?

If so, that seems to be a common combination now days.
I tried it and didn't see any FPS gain over just going straight 452x for both.

Don't worry,- sounds like your in good hands. IMHO
Old 08-03-2005, 04:39 AM

"Best" is a pretty broad statement. Best for what? Most durable, fastest, strongest, best color, least stretch? Not every material is best for all areas. For instance, ultracam has the least stretch and 8125 is generally considered the fastest.

That said, the material is less important than the technique used to tie the string and serve it. The number of strands used, will allow greatly affect the string's shooting characteristics. My opinion is that it's important to get a good string builder to make your strings, using the same materials each time. This way, you will know what to expect in regards to creep, shooting characteristics and durability.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:20 AM

that's a very popular combination. i get lots of orders from 3-d addicts that want exactly that.