Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

dropaway cable connector

Old 07-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default dropaway cable connector

I have ordered a new trophy taker and I also ordered the cable connector that connects the dropaway cord to the cable. It holds the two together with a set screw. Have any of you used one of these or heard about them? Good/bad experiences?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:39 AM

Default RE: dropaway cable connector

When I switched over to Winner's Choise string and cables, I had to use a connector like that for my QAD Ultra. The work fine and actually make it easier to tune the rest, but they do tend to dig into the cable a bit, which I don't care for.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

I also have winner choice strings. Why did you have to use the cable connector? Could you serve it in if you wanted to?
Old 08-02-2005, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbuck270

I also have winner choice strings. Why did you have to use the cable connector? Could you serve it in if you wanted to?
Don't know if they did this in the past, but this year the WC cables have a special coating on them. The coating is slick enough that it can be a job to keep the restcord from slipping if you tie it on (although it's not impossible - they actually give you instructions on how to tie one on on their website, which I assume works). However, they advise against penetrating the coating and tying a the rest cord through the cable. Since I had the cable clamp anyway, I decided to use it rather than tie the rest cord on.