Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Butch's old bow (before and after)

Old 07-31-2005, 04:02 PM

Default RE: Butch's old bow (before and after)

I thought I saw that bow in a John Wayne movie.One of the indians were shooting it.It does look good.I know I will keep mine for ever
Old 07-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL!!! My old bow is a classic... I love it dearly...

I have a buddy who has an even older bow (obviously "retired" and will never get shot). He has a Browning compound bow with lamenated wooden limbs. It has like 4 different cables/wheels on it and the cables attach to the riser at the very end. It's from the late 70's or early 80's or something. Now THAT is an old bow!
Old 08-01-2005, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Butch. You can remove the limbsavers by sliding a razor blade under them. Or go along with the saying if one is good, two is twice as nice! They definitly will not hurt!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

LMAO,

Butch showing off his antiques again, looks great buddy I dare not show you my Mountaineer hehe it still shoots well. I retired it last season. Hey we still need to get together on a hunt this season you and justin (eng)
Old 08-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Antique?!?! No no no no... "Miss Patsy" is from 1996. She's a classic old bow that I will hang onto forever.

Irecently checked out a brand new Hoyt Ultra-Mag at Green Top Sporting Goods the other day and had this weird feeling come over me when I held it and drew it back. I couldn't believe how balanced and easy to draw it was. I just have to figure out how to make it appear in my house without my wife finding out! [&:]

Yeah, we (you, me, Eng40sqd) need to get together and do a hunt somewhere. Sounds like a great plan!

Butch A.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:39 AM

Hey Butch, I thought i was the only one who still stot a 1000c. I love mine ! I still get pass through at 30 yds so I have no complaints . I do have a 3 inch over draw so my arrows ary much shorter than yours . Ive got limb savers all over it along with mole skin and it is very quite!! Just remember its not the bow its the operator
Old 08-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

OMG..... You too have a 1000C?!?! Wow, and I thought I was the only one left on the planet still shooting a classic old bow!

I like that... "it's not the bow, it's the operator". That's really cool!

Butch A.

P.S. I would love to meet up with someone shooting a brand new Bowtech or Mathews or Hoyt or something that is like 305fps. We'll have ourselves a little "challenge"... 25 yards.... plain ol' field tips... You shoot first.... Then I'll step in and bust your nock or rip a fletching on your arrow!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll take ya up on that Butch I get to shoot first. We use your black hole target. My Hoyt will send 'em clean through mine..and its brand new. Shall we put $100 on that you cant hit my arrow?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL!!! Your arrow would be in the next county if we used my Black Hole target! It's about to fall apart and can only be shot on the top end of it on one side. [&:][:'(] Now, maybe if we did a little 3D, then it would be more fun...
Old 08-04-2005, 10:08 AM

Hey Josh , Ill take some of that action I just got a New Black Hole and a wore out blockMy brothers new Bow Tech which suposedly is ripping them at about 311 - 315 FPS Only sinks them in about 2 inchs deeper than my old antique , which is lobbing in there at about 242 FPS ( tested before last season at the Jefferson archery shop in Jefferson Maryland ) and those are big ol fat Easton Camo Aluminums.Id by more than happy to cut a few fletches off for ya at a 100 a pop

Quick Reply: Butch's old bow (before and after)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.