Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

RELEASES WHICH ONE?

Old 09-24-2002, 08:47 PM

Default RELEASES WHICH ONE?

I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ON WHAT IS THE BEST RELEASE FOR SOMEONE SHOOTING A STRING LOOP.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:04 PM

Default RE: RELEASES WHICH ONE?

Your probably going to get a lot of opinions on this, and the bottom line will be to try a few different ones out and see what feels best to you. I shoot a TRU-Ball Tornado caliper release, and have never had a single problem (nor have any friends that shoot them). It has adjustable trigger pull and the length of the release itself is adjustable which were both a plus for me. Other style options include wrist strap (velcro or buckle), hand-held, and trigger position (depending on which finger you prefer to use to squeeze the trigger). I know Scott Archery makes a heckuva release also, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

--Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs--
Old 09-25-2002, 12:34 AM

scott mongoose!
Old 09-25-2002, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting a scott mongoose ever since they came out and I have had a loop for a couple of years now with no problems whatever I love the mongoose I wouldnt trade it for any other...
Old 09-25-2002, 06:16 AM

scott for the string
Old 09-25-2002, 08:05 AM

scott little goose. It's a smaller sized version of the mongoose and works wonders for the string loop. YOu won't be sorry
Old 09-25-2002, 11:22 AM

a lot of good releases out there! I like the Golden Answer a lot which is what I am using right now. I also like the Scott Caliper which has been around forever. check them out & see what you like. I went with the Answer because I wanted to work on my shooting during the off season and it's anti-punch feature really helps you. once deer season gets here a twist of a bolt and the anti-punch is turned off and wham you got a great hunting release as well.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to sound redundant, but I like the Scott Lil Goose. Works great with a loop. The jaw is small, so I can tie my loop short.

Phil.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:18 PM

I'll break the ice. I use a Carters Big Kid 3D all year long for 3D and hunting. Same release since 1995. It has a nice hairtrigger that can be fired by back tension or on-demand.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:19 PM

scott little goose. I've got 4 releases and I keep going back to thhe scott.

Quick Reply: RELEASES WHICH ONE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.