Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Practice blades for Muzzy

Old 07-28-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Practice blades for Muzzy

Is it worth the 8 bucks? better than feild point?(I would think)
Old 07-28-2005, 07:51 PM

Default RE: Practice blades for Muzzy

Yes. It most certainly is. You of course need to shoot your broadheads to ensure accuracy, and after only a couple of shots with the razors, you would need to replace them to hunt. New blades are around $15. Invest in some practice blades and shoot them until they fall apart. Then, put your blades back in and you are ready to shoot that turty pointer!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am so cheap I'll probably buy a 6 pack of muzzy's and shoot 1 over and over for practice then since I have a 5 arrow quiver I'll put the 5 fresh broadheads on to hunt with. No wait, I'm not cheap, I'm broke, lol.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is jut my personal opinion but since I don't hunt with practice blades I aint gonna practice with them either. If I am gonna hunt with it then I practice with it plain and simple.

Practice blades are not shaped the same and may not fly the same as real blades.

Practice with the same set of real blades all you want and then spend a whopping $15 for some razor sharp ones. I mean you got at least two months to save $15, I think you can manage that.

Besides that practice blades rip tear your target when passing through rather than cutting nice clean slices.[:'(]
Old 07-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Excellent advice bigbulls!!! I do the same!
Old 07-29-2005, 10:05 AM

I shoot with both practice blades and razor blades. They shoot similarly, but not exactly the same. When it comes time to really fine tune things, I would use only the razors. Also, as bigbulls said, the practice blades tear up the target a lot more than the razors.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think my practice blades hit the same spot, and they do tear up my target. If your worried about the blades then take one set of sharp blades and keep switching them until you've tested all of your heads. Then you still have 5 sets of blades left.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Iuse the Muzzy 4 blades 100gr and use the practice blades instead of field tips all year long. Practice blades fly the same for me out to 50 yards. I was the practice blades simply becuase they seem to fly more like the regular broadheads then my fielpoints. They do tear your target, but I have noticed they do not get the penetration on my Rhinehart target that fieldpoints and sharp broadheads get. I do test with the razors as the season nears.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:29 PM

I shoot my Muzzy practice blades, but I don't shoot them into my best target, either. My practice blades shoot the same as real blades, but I always shoot the real blades once or twice right before "the hunt."

This works well for me.

Kev
Old 07-29-2005, 05:21 PM

it sure is, i dont own one field point, shoot with what i hunt with muzzy 3 blades

Quick Reply: Practice blades for Muzzy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.