Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need some help with blitzenburg fletcher

Old 07-27-2005, 08:55 PM

Default need some help with blitzenburg fletcher

i got a new blitzenburg fletcher today and i'm struggling. I was trying to fletch goldtip 5575 and just couldn't figure it out. It seems to me this arrow is too narrow, is it? with the arrow in the rest, and the the clamp put on the magnet, with the 2 lines alligned indicating a straight fletching, the clamp clear off the arrow, even with i put the magnet all the way down, the clamp still isn't to the center of the arrow shaft. i'm new to fletching, so maybe i'm just doing it totally wrong, but i followed the directions the best i could. thanks for the help.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:15 PM

Default RE: need some help with blitzenburg fletcher

Take the metal bar off the two magnets if you havn't done that. Now put your fletching into the clamp and place the clamp onto the magnets. Your shaft should be in the jig prior to all this of course. Then loosen the two allen screws and move the dials so that the fletching fits the shaft perfectly and retighten. You can offset the fletching to get a more aggressive spin to the arrow, but I think the most important thing is to make sure the fletching contacts the shaft perfectly.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Those lines you see are only referance marks so you can come back to the same place should the jig get moved or if you fletch different diameter shafts, such as a pro shop.

You still need to adjust the jig to center on different diameter shafts. Just do as said above and adjust the dials to center the fletch on the shaft.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:23 PM

thanks for the help. the directions failed to say anything about removing the metal bar from the magnets, didn't even see it there.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:38 PM

Yep, the new jigs have smaller flat bars that a prety hard to move unless you know it moves. That was my first impression of your post. You should be on your way to a fine looking set of arrows now! BTW, when you don't have the jig in use, it's best to put the bar back. It keeps the magnet strong, plus your buddies won't be able to figure out the jig for themselves!!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:17 PM

haha thanks for the advice