Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gold Tip Cracking

Old 07-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gold Tip Cracking

Most companies have a really crappy arrow selection chart for their carbon arrows. They give you a range of draw weights and arrow lengths and that's all you've got to work with. Carbon Express has a really good system to help you get the right arrow. Fill in the blanks in their calculator and it will come up with a number to add to or subract from your draw weight, then you can go to the chart. If you don't want to shoot Carbon Express, just use the calculated draw weight on the chart of the arrows you want.http://www.carbonexpressarrows.com/selection_guide_chart.shtml

Old 07-30-2005, 07:59 AM

I had a GT blow up last week at the knock end. I do shoot the 5575 at about 67lbs with the 28" arrow 29" draw. I personally do not think it wasa poor knock on my arrow, I have the long throat knocks. I think there was a small unnoticed crack before I shot it from smacking arrows together. It surewoke me up a bit and I try to check the knock ends more religiously now for cracks. It made an wicked sound on the shot boy, scarry, but no harm done thank god!
Old 07-30-2005, 01:49 PM

I shoot the 7595 and one of my arrows has a crack in the front half, about 6" back from the insert. Found it when flexing after shooting. It is only one of many that has ever cracked. Did miss the target a few times an used Shed as backstop.....oops! Or maybe it was hit by another arrow. You know...because I cant shoot 2 arrows at the same target w/o hitting the first one.......... yeah right!