Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How often?

Old 07-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default How often?

How often do you guys switch releases? Do they ever wear out? If so how long does it take? Mine is fine, I bought it last year (my first release) and shoot alot through the late summer and through hunting season, but I was just wondering...
Old 07-24-2005, 11:59 AM

Default RE: How often?

I have been shooting the same release for about six years or so
and recently tried another. I went back to my old one because it
was so familar. Just not ready to retire it yet I guess!
Old 07-24-2005, 12:28 PM

I am shooting the same TruBall Tornado I bought 8 years ago.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Same here Truball 8 years ago.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:17 PM

I am still shooting the same Flecthhunter I bought in 1990 or so. I have bought several others and tried them, but the old release still works wonderful, and has a host a features I love. I bought several as a backup in case I dropped one in the woods or from my stand. I always pack two in the woods for those just in case type situations. I do oil my release often which is the only regular maintance I do on it and it has not let me down in all the years I have owned and shot it. It does show a lot of wear, but not enough to retire it.......yet.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just switched yesterday to a fletchunter, a real quality release. I like it alot so far!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:22 AM

I used the same TRU Fire Hurricane for 3 years but recently bought the TRU Ball Chappy Boss. I really like it but I am wondering if the click sound when it releases will spook game. A guy I know hunts with it without any problems so I will try it. It did improve my groups which is why I bought it. My anchor point is more comfortable/natural now.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

I use to have just one release, and old martin that I took the majority of my deer with. I've switched twice in the past four years because the sling would start ripping on me. I shoot a heaving strapped scott little goose. the release is more consistent and I really like it. I still take my tru ball and or martin with me in the woods as a back up.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'vehad the same one for 35 years.
I use my fingers. [8D]
They haven't worn out yet, and they make very little noise if they happen to bang against my stand or bow.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bulzeye

I've had the same one for 35 years.
I use my fingers. [8D]
They haven't worn out yet, and they make very little noise if they happen to bang against my stand or bow.
Funny.
3 in 3 years. Just curious I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.