Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How often?

Old 07-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How often?

I do go through gloves on a fairly regular basis though.
I get a new one about every other year, but I have been too lazy to use the neatsfootoil (sp?) on them to make them last longer.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:56 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Scott mongoose, been using the same one for 3-4 years, don't remember which.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:53 PM

I wore out the velcro of a tru-fire x-caliper. I knew the velcro was wore out when it came undone at full draw. The release hit the top of my bow hand which hurt so bad I let go of my bow and sent it down range. Boy did I feel dumb.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2x releases. I have a TRU Ball Ultra Extreme, which is my primary release. This is what I use for 3D, general practice, and for hunting this year. I also have a TRU Ball Sweet Spot Ultra 4. I use this to switch things up and to help prevent myself from anticipating when the shot goes off. I usually start my shooting sessions with 5-10 groups with this release. I shoot like hell with it, however after shooting it I absolutely drill the X's with my Ultra Extreme. This winter I hope to switch to a backtension release full time.