Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No-peep usage tips

Old 07-22-2005, 09:48 AM

Default No-peep usage tips

To all the no-peep owners out there,

My review last night may have been a bit hasty I am thinking tonight I will go back and mount the no-peep as per the instructions. I was thinking about my peep sight and my anchor point, and came to realize today that I had basically been tweaking my anchor point to fit the needs of the peep sight, and not the other way around. So, I plan to start fresh, mounting the no-peep between the bow riser and the sight mount as suggested.

My question is this: How does moving the sight out by about 1/8" (thickness of no-peep bracket) affect your sight-line? When I had it mounted between the sight and quiver mount, the pins were directly in-line with my bowstring. Doh! (I could have expected this, I suppose).

My other question is: When shooting with the no-peep on, I wonder if I can 'tune' my setup so that I can sight everything with my left eye. I think I may be left-dominant, even though using my right eye really gives me no trouble, aside from the fact that I would REALLY like to shoot with both eyes open and I always find myself L-dominant when doing so and have to force myself to use the right eye. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Old 07-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No-peep usage tips

I was waiting for someone with more no-peep savy to try and answer your questions, but I'll tag a stab at a few.

First things first. Stick your right thumb up like Fonzy and point itata stationary object across the room that it can cover up (a clock or something somewhat small).
Now closer your right eye. Did your thumbmove over to the right?
If so you are right eye domiant. If your thumb remained over the object, yourlefteye dominant.

When you mount the no-peep you are most likely going to have to adjust the windage on your sight after you establish an anchor point looking to the side of the string instead of through it. I fought this location at first, but have now found a good spot is looking to the very right of the string, maybe 1/8- 1/4" off to the side of it.

From what I've read, once you get used to the no-peep it aids in helping you shoot with both eyes open. When I do so I aim with my right eye, check the no-peep and then open the other eye. So far so good, butI haven't played with that much.

Good luck with it.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe Im missing something, but why cant you mount the no peep bracket on the outside of the site bracket, that way you dont have to mess with the windage? [&:]
Old 07-23-2005, 06:51 PM

do u have timberline? if so,

i didnt try and sight mine in per say at first. i got it to where my form was good and then sighted in. it corrected a lot of mistakes i was making. now i had to shoot prob 100 shots til it was right on the nose. but im happy with it and like it a lot better than a peep. My advice stay with it, because i got highly pissed off and had to refrain from taking it off and smashing it with a hammer and deem the whole thing a p.o.s.. Just have patients, it will pay off
Old 07-23-2005, 07:10 PM

You are missing something, the way the bracket is designed you have to mount it on the inside of your sights. Well if you mount it so the No Peep is to the back of the riser you might be able to put it on the outside. However the No Peep bracket is not countersunk like the brackets on most sights so you would have to use a flat head screw. And the outside of the sight bracket will have to be perfectly flat and parallel to the riser.

You will most likely have to change the windage and possibly the elevation on your sights any way because of the very slight changes to your form. For one you will be looking to the left or right of your string rather thru it, so you will have to compensate with a slight windage change.

Also if you used to center the pin in the peep at different yardarges you may have to change your pin gap slightly as well. When you center the pin in the peep your anchor changes slighty at each pin setting as the yardarge increases. With the no peep your anchor will remain the same irregardless of yardage. To compensate for this you may have to open up the pin gap slightly at longer yardages.

You may even have to re-tune your bow slightly because of the changes you made. Depends on how anal you are.

Paul
Old 07-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, thats all I wanted to know. I didn't know that, so I asked. Geez.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:23 PM

And I answered, I assumed you wanted to know.

Paul
Old 07-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paul,You said anal and i think someone took it the wrong way.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

I've had my no peep of and on twice now, it is off now. I just couldn't hold my anchor for consistent shooting. I have thought about this alot lately and because I just do NOT like a peep (shot a kisser for 13 years) I am going to put the no peep back on, WITH my kisser. I figure this is just an extra point that I can refer to. I like to see where my arrow is going without trying to pick it up out of the peep, which is darn near impossible for me.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

I can't stand kissers but needed the point of reference anyway. In addition the kisser causes a comensurate reduction in speed. What I did was to serve a knot in place of the kisser and it only cost me 11/2 fps which beats the 5 + for the kisser.

And the knot works great.

As for the No Peep it takes a bit of getting used to but it is more than worth the patience to work with and learn and both eyes in low light conditions is a more than generous reward for the effort.

hoyt3: be patient and set it up according to the directions (I took my peep out before I finished setting the No Peep up and I think it was very wise . . . I never had the peep to rely on as a back up. Some leave the peep in but I believe that defeats the purpose and gives one a crutch.

Quick Reply: No-peep usage tips

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.