Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fixed Blades at higher speeds

Old 07-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fixed Blades at higher speeds

My new Bowtech should be much faster and he said tuning them would be much more difficult.
Wifes tale , but 3 bladed muzzy's can be somewhat harder to tune than some of the smaller heads , with less wind grabing area . When I shoot fixed heads I like 5" feathers stearing them .
Old 07-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow
If someone can't get a particular broadhead to fly well out a late model compound, they have one of the following concerns: An arrow with a spine that is too weak, a bow with the draw weight set too high for that arrow, an arrow that is not straight or it has inconsistant spine around it's circumference, not enough weight up front on the arrow, not enough drag on the rear end of the arrow, a bow where the center shot and/or nock height is incorrect, a torqued release or a bow where the cams are not timed.
No where will you find that speed will cause poor flight. It can only amplify another problem.
Nicely said Straightarrow.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's all about tuning your and your arrows. Read through this link and it should help you out. I suspect that you should be fine provided you get your setup right.
http://www.broadheadtests.com/TUNING.html