Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

no-peep resolution

Old 07-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default no-peep resolution

Well guy's!I finally figured out just what my problem was with setting up my no-peep .As you's know I had just put on a new set of string and dual yoke cable's from Gibblet.After installing them I also mounted my no-peep and a new sight .Well after installing the string and cable'sI never shot them ,I just went ahead and mounted the no-peep thinking that the string and cable's would be fine .After spending 7 hour's and being unable to get the no-peep set correctly ,I just got frusturated and give up .
Today I finally decided to take the no-peep off and try and get thing's working with just my peep ,WhenI got started, nothing had changed I was still soooo far off the mark it was rediculous ,nowI knew something was seriously wrong ,it didn't seem to matter how I adjusted my sight nothing changed .After going over my rest and making a small adjustment there, I noticed that my nock set on my string had moved ,so I moved my nock down a 1/4 " at a time and thing's started working alot better ,after moving the nock down 3/4" I was able to adjust my sight back to where I liked it, and was now shooting bullet's at 20yrds ,I was shooting 5 arrow's in a 2" circle ,almost scarey since these arrow's, as you's all know are expensive .
I shot severel group's all grouping nicely into the 4" circle ,so now I think I'm back in action .It's no wonder I wasn't able to get the no-peep working for me when the nock set was soooo far out ,it was a simple overlook ,I've never made this mistake in the past and simply put the nock set on without checking to see if I had it in the right location .This is what happen's when you try working on a sight that's never been on my bow ,a new set of string and cable's that have never been shot ,and a no-peep which I've never had on my bow either ,just plain and simple a dumb move by me .I've definately learned a valuable lesson by this, and won't make this dumb mistake again .
From now on it's 1 accessory at a time not 3 or 4 like I did DUH!

This only cost me the destruction of 3 arrow's or $30.00

nubo
Old 07-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: no-peep resolution

John,I can feel your pain.I think everyone that has been shooting bows forquite a while has been very frusterated and probably ready to throwthere bowinto the next county.Sometimes all it takes is to set it down for a day or two and then get back to the problem with a clear head.
Glad to hear you got it shooting good groups again and its a great confidence builder.We all have our bad days,when nothing we do ever amounts to anything[&o]
Good luck on the re-installation of the NP,it is easier the second time aroundYou still got a while to play with it yet before opener,and if you decide you dont like it,then just take it off and re-install the peep.Some advise-------mark the string with a piece of serving thread or a black permanent marker where your peep is located now,this will make life alot easier if you decide to put the peep back on in the future..
Let us know what the outcome is,and if you need anything at all,you know where to find me
Old 07-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

There ya go John,
I was hoping you got these "No Peep contraptions " figured before I even look at one . By the way my slick tricks came in this week so you can give them a whirl when you're ready. I know you love the G5 but I also know you won't be able to resist trying these that everyone rants about. Might even let you try my STS at the same time.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terry!

I'll get this no-peep figured out soon ,now that I've found the problem that caused me soooo much pain .Then we'll get you one LOL .

The Slick Trick's ,I'm seriously thinking of trying them this season myself ,after all the positive feedback that I've been reading they sound awsome ,now as for the STS ,I GOT NO MORE MONEY my honey say's LOL
So if I try it you might be going home without it LOL

nubo
Old 07-20-2005, 05:01 PM

Ive got the timberline no peep and i like it. Takes a bit to get used to but i like it. So far its been pretty easy for tuning. Ive got my 20 yard pin set. I am shooting better groups i can vouch for that. I shot with the peep on at first then got brave and took it off. I was amazed at the difference a little peep sight can make when taken off and how it affects where your arrow hits. But so far so good i like it.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nubo, glad to here you made some progress. That's one of the beauties of the no-peep, once you have it dialed in to your form you will know right away if the nocking point is off.
The other dayI swapped 3 strings on my bow (within an hour)while playing around and could shoot each one accurately without worring about tying in a peep. Just the loop and made sure it was somewhat close to correct nocking point.
I finished by putting the original string back on with some added twistand was able to slap it back on, adjust the nock position to match the no-peep and was ready to go.

As for now the no-peep is staying on. I still need to try shooting with it from a tree (high up), before I decide. But as of this morning my first 3 arrows were gold at 30 yards. I put the first two topped with a field tip inside a 2" circle and the last arrow was tipped with a 3 blade muzzy- centered in the black ~2" circle of a yellow jacket target. I'm ready at 30 yards anyways.
I've already done the same with a slick trick and will hunt with those, I just use the 3 blade muzzy's as a gauge to tell me how onI am.

Good luck with your tuning!
Old 07-21-2005, 03:10 PM

i'm really glad to hear that dave!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm glad to hear it as well ,as soon as i come back from my holiday's I'll try the no-peep again ,and hopefully thing's fall into place for me like yourself Dave .

nubo
Old 07-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I'm somewhat happy with the results, but my nock is still on the low side of things. But if that's where it wants to be???? I'm tired of fighting it!