Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

single cam timing?

Old 07-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default single cam timing?

I was showing my bow to another archer the other day and he said it looked like the timing was off. He said it looked like the cam was rotated too much and that would throw off the timing. I didn't think this mattered in single cam bows. Could you tell me it it matters and how I can tell if it is off or if it is ok?
Thanks
Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 AM

Default RE: single cam timing?

From what understand and have seen is that they are not as sensitive. That doesn't mean it doesn't matter. I don't think it would effect how well you shoot though.

I think most cases it would effect how effecient the cam was. If it was really out of tune or time or whatever you may be losing power. It could also effect how the bow feels on the shot I think. like the amount of recoil or vibration you would feel.

I'm not an expert though. If you could talk to a tech from Bowtech or Mathews they could probably tell you exactly what it effects and to what degree. Each cam design may be slightly different as well.

Paul
Old 07-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: single cam timing?

Make sure your cabel and string are right on the factory specs , and your cam sould be timed correctly . Most manufactures have marks on the cam to get it in proper time . It makes a big diferance , in speed and nock travel . When properly timed your bow will be faster and your up-down misses should be closer than when the cam is "out of index" .