Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

vanetec vanes

Old 07-14-2005, 11:09 PM

Default vanetec vanes

anyone know the difference in there vmaxx and super spine vane beside there weight,is there a difference in using one or the other or does one need to be used on a different spined arrow-say for instance can you use the super spine on 400 spine arrow and get the same results like a 5575goldtip as the vmaxx or are they more for the 7595- -500 spine arrow
Old 07-15-2005, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: vanetec vanes

I am ordering some today, so I have been looking at them a little. I think the Superspine is a smaller vane that is mostly used for 3D shooting. It has a lower profile than the V-Maxx (doesn't extend as far out from the arrow). I will probably get both the 2.5" and 3" V-Maxx to see if there is any difference. At 8.99/100, I figure I can afford to get both. I've been shooting 4 2" Blazers on my hunting arrows, so either of the Vanetecs should do the job.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just started using the Superspine VaneTec Vanes on my arrows last month for Competition 3D Tournaments and I am very impressed with them. My arrow groups at 40 yards seemed to really tighten up with the VaneTec Vanes compared to my 3D Duravanes arrow groups that werent nearly as tight of a group.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting the vmaxx's for a while now. They 4" ones weigh in at 7 grains a piece, and they seem much more durable than any other vane I have used in the past, plus they are so darn cheap. I have not tried the blazers yet, because I shoot bowhunter class in 3D and need a 4" vane but I have heard they are pretty durable too. I have used plastifletches, and duravanes in the past, and the vanetecs are more durable than either of them, plus there is no cleaning/prep work on the vane itself. They are a dream to fletch as long as the shaft itself is clean. I now end up refletching arrows a lot less from nicked up vanes with these, I think I have ruined 2 vanes in the last 6 weeks or so from tight groups, when I used to ruin 1-2 per shootin session. I can guarantee the lack of ruined vanes isn't from the size of the groups either...........