Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which broadhead???

Old 07-13-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Which broadhead???

Last year I used the Slick Trick heads but am always looking for something new. I was thinking about the 100 grain Magnus Stingers. Comparing the two I pretty much know that the Stingers are alot sharper but which heads flies better? I know the Slick tricks fly good but were not very sharp and I had a bad experience with the short blades kicking off. I have been hearing from some that the Stingers also fly good. Any imput from anyone who used these two head would be great.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which broadhead???

I haven't used the Tricks, but I have the 4 blade Stingers. They flew EXACTLYlike my field points. I could almost say they flew better than feild points, if thats even possible.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree withwhat Dairy King said.... I too got a pack of 4 blade Magnus Stingers and they are absolutely, AMAZING!!!First and foremost, the Stingers are so sharp,just bylooking at them they will cut you! They fly exactly like my 125gr field tips (even though I got the 100gr Stingers). They have a huge cut on contact tip on them and when I aligned the main blade vertical with the bow string, they flew perfectly straight and hit the same mark on my target as the field tips, time and time again!

I have been looking hard at the Slick Tricks because everyone has been praising them all over the place. But then again, I have my Stingers shooting so well and accurate, I shouldn't mess with it anymore. You know, if it ain't broke - don't fix it...

Butch A.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:10 PM

I have said on numerous occasions that I love the Magnus Stingers. I second the notion that may fly even better then my field tips. They are spooky sharp and I can shoot them right up to when I go hunting and then put in some fresh blades and good as new. They have a lifetime warranty and are tough as well. I can't wait to try the Stinger Buzzcuts this year. Perhaps best of all is the penetration and blood trail..........2 holes are better then 1 in my book.

This is the hole my Stingers made on entry last year.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:25 AM
Fork Horn

I have both the Ultimate steel and the Slick Tricks,, i'm impressed with Slick Tricks four bladed pass through resulting in a larger exit hole plus beefier blades,,and thenUtimate Steels much sharper blades right out of the package.
I'ts kind of a toss up. I'll go with the Slick Trick 100 Magnums for my arrows and the Ultimate Steel 75's for the wifes bow since she's only pulling 40 pounds and i'm going 70 pounds.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:42 AM

I also forgot to ask but how do the Stingers hold up on bone. I know that style of heads penetrates great but do they hold up well if they hit bone? I also just saw that Wasp has a new head called the sharpshooter that looks interesting as well..
Old 07-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Muzzy 100gr 3 blade, tune them in it's worth it, if you can.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shot slick tricks and muzzy 4 blade my slick tricks are tack drivers and muzzys shot like afoot high
Old 07-17-2005, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/index.html