Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Turbo Nocks

Old 07-12-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Turbo Nocks

Any body tried the Turbo Nocks ?
Sound way to good to be true and we all know what they say about that.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:15 PM

Default RE: Turbo Nocks

I'm using Turbo Nocks, so far I really like them. But I have not hunted with them yet. What are you wanting to know about them?

Muratus
Old 07-12-2005, 09:23 PM

Ok me personally i like them. This was a previous topic and on this forum i dont think they are much to be desired. The main problem is your bow has to be tuned perfectly to shoot them. Now i did notice my arrows flew better and they picked up 8 sec on the chrono , that i can vouch for. Yet to hit a deer with one, im anxious to see how that goes. From my previous experiences with them, use a drop away rest. Me i think they are worth the money and i enjoy shooting them and when people look at my arrows they say what the he11 is that lol. I say buy them and try them. Best way to do that is go buy a dozen or half dozen for that matter unfletched arrows of what u shoot and go from there. WARNING: you will get pissed off and throw a temper tantrum getting them tuned with your bow, but it was fun shooting and i like them and im gonna try them this year. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have tried them a couple of times with mixed results. The last batch I tried were for ACC arrows with unibushings. I think the Turbos for ACCs are pretty thin, and may bend more easily than the Turbos for ICS carbons. I did not take a lot of time to tune them, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I was shooting my bow with a drop away rest. It was slightly out of tune, meaning at 30 yards, broadheads were hitting about 1-1 1/2" high and maybe 2-3" high at 40, but still in line horizontally, and grouping well with Bohning Blazer vanes, and standard nocks. With the Turbos, I was getting about 5" groups at 20 yards, and shot to shot the impact point seemed pretty unpredicable. The same arrow and broadhead combo (ACC and turbo) was grouping pretty much the same as my other arrows with field points. I'm sure that if I took the time to tune the bow to Turbos, it could have done much better, it's just that the arrows with normal fletching were so much more consistent. On the other hand, I have been trying out the T-4 nocks with my Carbon Tech arrows. They seem to be working very well with right offset Blazer vanes. Broadheads are flying just like field points and grouping great. I highly recommend the T-4s. You can see the arrow fletching spinning at a much faster rate compared to a normal nock.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:35 AM

I better stick to old fashoned fletches till I get better at all this archery stuff.
Thanks
Old 07-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/FEATURES.html
Old 07-15-2005, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for that unbiased test 5-shot. I tried the older turbos afew years backon my Parker Feather Mag and had some clearence problems with the cable. I told the manufacturer about it and he acted like I was crazy or something. Like you said, if you have clearence problems, they will not fly well.The fins on the one's I had were also very brittle, but from what I heard, they took care of that problem.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a product that gets such mixed reviews that I would have to rate it as one of the biggest gimmicks out there for the past couple of seasons. Do several searches and you;ll see that most folks are NOT impressed. With the many choices in vane design today... I just don't see them as important to ANY rig. JMHO.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:13 PM

Il Cornfed
Yes you do find mixed reviews on the TURBO NOCKS. Some swear by it and others swear at it.
From the feedback we get most problems arise from folks just changing to the turbo and not reading the instructions about making the slight nock height adjustment. The TURBO spins the arrow instantly at very high rpms and this changes the dynamics of tuning and arrow flight as compared to arrows with straight nocks.
For what it is worth the Bohning Company which has been in the Archery business since 1946 has just worked out an agreement with our company to take over world wide marketing of our
products.

I grew up in the Archery business community. MY Dad had a shop in Middletown Pa started back in the 1950s and was one of Kinseys first customers. I have seen all kinds of "gimmicks" come and go over the years. In my opinion my product is not a gimmick in as much as there are thousands of archers out there that are quite satisfied with the products. Yes and there are also a number who do not like it. That is what makes the world go round.