Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tried quick spins

Old 07-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Tried quick spins

I am a fan of feathers, but thought Id try out quick spin vanes. I am impressed. They do improve arrow stability, the only problem I found is that they are not real durable. When I would shot tight groups, they bent up real easy. Some straightened with the hair drier/ heat gun trick, but not all. I will say agian, I could tell a difference in my arrow flight, which was better. My groups also got tighter.

Just food for thougth.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tried quick spins

Yep. Don't shoot groups. I dont. As youcan see, this is what happens. I tried Blazers. They were alright, but with my big 2117 and Stingers, Im gonna stick with my QS. I just gotta take em easy. If I blow through a deer, then I dont need to use the arrow anyway as far as Im concerned. I doubt I will go through my target, so Im not worried about that.

Old 07-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Dominant Buck

2117 and Stingers
So you like shooting tree trunks? I use to shot those big shafts years ago. I am now shooting tooth picks. Thin little bullets.

Don't shoot groups.
Yep, I normally shoot 4 arrows at 4 different spots, but was having to give these guys a try and wanted to see what they grouped like.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeppers, I really like them.

I fletched 6 arrows about 3 days before the last shoot. With what little practice I do, I shot the best round I have ever shot, and even had more hearts than usual!!

Then again, it could have been fluke, but it deffitnatley made my arrows look like bullets. I can't hardly wait to put a broadhead on and try them out. I am hoping this is where I gain my biggest bang for the buck. Usually my broadheads fly pretty good, but once in a while you get the ones that don't spin test as well and they usually fly a little off. Hope it straightens them out enough to use the heads!
Old 07-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

2117 and Stingers
So you like shooting tree trunks? I use to shot those big shafts years ago. I am now shooting tooth picks. Thin little bullets.

Don't shoot groups.
Yep, I normally shoot 4 arrows at 4 different spots, but was having to give these guys a try and wanted to see what they grouped like.
LOL!! DK doesn't shoot "tree trunks".... I DO! My Easton XX75's are a 2315 and weigh 543 grains! Like I joked once before, I don't shoot arrows, I shoot tire irons!

Butch A.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes. LOL. I love em! Finished arrow weighs 510 grains.