Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No-Peep's coming off

Old 07-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No-Peep's coming off

I agree 100% with Straightarrow and Arthur. I've had a no peep on my bow for over a year now and I can NEVER see myself using a peep sight again. It's truly nothing more than a crutch. After shooting with the no peep for a while I hardly ever look at it anymore because my anchor comes so naturally now.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say their both "crutches".

The folks who say they love the no-peep ,usually say "they hardly even look at it anymore".[&:] Then take it off if you dont use it.Yep , it's definately a crutch also!
I tried the no-peep for free because my buddy picked one up and didn't like it. My thoughts? It's a good tool to get someone to achieve consistant form/anchoring while at the range , but at the same time it does require part of your attention during shot sequence. I can definately see someone fudging a shot at an animal when shooting from a treestand or awkward position (which will change your normal anchor comfortzone)while worrying about their no-peep. Using my tru peep , no matter what position , when I come to full draw it's right there. I use a 1/4" peepfor hunting and I've spent alot of time hunting cedar swamps. If there ever comes a time when I cant see my pins , it's past legal shooting hours and I shouldn't be releasing an arrow at a deer anyway.

Just my thoughts on a product I've tried myself , take them as you will.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can definately see someone fudging a shot at an animal when shooting from a treestand or awkward position (which will change your normal anchor comfortzone)while worrying about their no-peep
I really dont see what the problem is whether you shoot with the NP or a regular peep on the string.If you bend at the waist why would anything change.?
Personally I shoot alot better with the NP,and practise consistent form,and follow through.
As a reasurance,it does take a little attention during shot sequence,but knowing when everything is lined up perfectly,the arrow will hit where desired.
If you practise enough,as any bowhunter should,the NP is probably quicker then the peep.
To each his own,and thats just my oppinion.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

I love the concept of the no peep, and I couldn't beat the price I got on it with a stick, but I just couldn't get the accuracy with it. I went from shooting 370-390 at my local 3d to 330-340. I shot it for about a month, and it came off. I'll just shoot with both eyes open under low light conditions with a standard peep. it's ashame because I really liked it.