Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No-Peep's coming off

Old 07-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: No-Peep's coming off

Not giving up just setting it aside Dave till I get everything else sorted out .I guess I'm starting over from square one and taking one step at a time ,I hope after everything else is in order then I'll worry about the no-peep ,but for now it's got to be set aside .

nubo
Old 07-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

John.

In all honesty I would shoot the string in before I install the peep.
That way you wont have to worry about the peep rotating as the string settles

Oh and keep your thumb on 1 side of that release or it could flick back and whack ya

Thats right you already learn't that lesson didn't ya
Old 07-12-2005, 04:28 AM

I've shot the no-peep for years and I've put them on several bows, so I'm quite familiar with them. I also shoot very well with one. So, I'm a bit confused. The no-peep is used to get your grip and anchor exactly where you want them. You don't aim with it and it isn't affected by a moving string. If you're shooting poorly, it's not because the no-peep is attached to the bow. In fact, you don't even have to look at it, yet it can remain on the bow, if you decide to take a glance. The no-peep requires more time to get a person to the same shooting level as a peep, but you can get there. I've witnessed lots of guys putting them on their bow for a few weeks and then taking it off. They simply didn't practice enough in my opinion.

The no-peep has trained me to anchor and grip so consistantly, that I not only don't have to look at it, when I do, it's almost always got the bubble perfectly centered without having to make any grip or anchor adjustments. I once lost a chance at a big buck because a peep was attached to my bow - never again.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your NO-PEEP is working properly, then I can't see it being a bad thing to be on your bow, even as you are, as you said, "working with too many changes at once."

I have one, and am not using it. I am 95% positive it is defective though. I got it at Cabelas bargain cave, and thought it was there for the same reasons Straightarrow mentioned. Unfortunately, this one gives me problems. Even when I take care to use the same grip, sometimes I can anchor the way I normally do, other times, to get this NO PEEP to line up, I have to hold my nose almost 1" to the left of the string. When I had my Patriot Dually, I put the NO PEEP on it and it was grouping poorly. The only way I could get decent groups is by ignoring the thing, and using my simple string wrap for a back "sight" reference. That's when I realized the one I had was defective. Destroyed confidence and too much to think about are not what you want when shooting. If you got yours new, it shouldn't be giving you the problems that I had.[&:]
Old 07-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's !

I really haven't spent enough time to get the no-peep working properly ,but with too many variable's to think about at once has me making this decision .once I have the string settled and the sight actually sighted in ,then I'll put it back on ,but what I did was putthe sight on unsighted to my bow and this is what I think is the problem .After I work out these little bug's I'll try it again .Hopefully this is my problem .

nubo
Old 07-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

I love the No-Peep. My groups have never been better. The only problem is setting them up perfectly. Once you haveit set-up they are great. If you can't get it to line up consistently you definetely have form issues.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Dominant Buck

You big dumb doo doo. Or that is what my wife told me when Idosomething similar. I feel your pain, I did that a few years back. I was not trying a no peep, but was trying to break in new string and adjust a bodoodle rest (the old 80s modle, You know the pain in a but rest to set), and set my pins. I spent all summer trying to get things flying right. That was in the late 80s, I have yet to make that mistake agian. I now break in strings and cables, reset tiller, weight, and all that fun stuff if needed, then set up the string and start tuning the rest, nock, and pins. I still get excited when new toys come in and have that urge to jump in and do it all at once.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

when somethings out of whack I'm not sure who's to blame!
That's easy. Just take a peek in here:

99% of the time, that's the culprit.[8D]
Old 07-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

WHAT THE
Good luck with your setup John
Old 07-14-2005, 02:38 PM

When I decided to go with the no peep, I still had my peep sight in place. I bolted the no peep on and adjusted it to be seen through my peep sight. Of course, when I took the no-peep off, I couldn't see it because the string wasn't parted anymore. A small adjustment sideways and I was up and running. Still had to tweak the sights side to side but vertical was dead on. Been shooting it for roughly 3 weeks now and shooting much better than with my peep mainly because I'm shooting with both eyes open and much more comfortably. I've already started getting to where I don't make the effort to see the no-peep its just kind of there in my peripheral.

My suggestion is get things roughed in and then install the no-peep. Might even want to shoot with both on for a few days. Good luck.

Quick Reply: No-Peep's coming off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.