Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bitzenburger Fletching Questions

Old 07-10-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Bitzenburger Fletching Questions

When I set up my Bitzenburger jig to fletch arrows, how do I know how many degrees offset I'm putting on the arrows. I usually have the back dial set to -C- and the front one set half way between -C- and the right edge.Many times I've read on this forum that certain people fletch their arrows with (for example) helical with 4* offset. I haven't quite figured out how they determine the degree of offset. Do I need a protractor? Thanks for your help.

-Rob
Old 07-11-2005, 08:21 AM

Default RE: Bitzenburger Fletching Questions

i was wondering the same thing myself.....great question...i'll be wathing this post for others to answer.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be watching this thread too. I just got my bitz yesterday. Bought it used off Ebay. It came with a right helical clamp, and it was already set in an offset position. The front was to the left, and the back I think was slightly to the right. There were marks on the jig too for these positions that the former owner made... I figured why mess with success, so I tried fletching my first arrow with blazer vanes that I pulled off of an arrow I broke the other day (just because i didn't have any new vanes and just had to try out my new jig). It seems work fine... Contact all along the vane, seems to be stuck on good just with scotch brand crazy glue gel. I may get to the range tomorrow and see if they stay on after a few shots
Old 07-12-2005, 06:21 PM

I don't use an offset myself, but do fletch my daughter's arrows that way. When I first got my Bitz I put the shaft in and the clamp on and adjusted it as much as I thought reasonable for the shoot through rest she is using. I realize that doesn't answer the question, but not sure you really need to know the exact degree of offset. Put as much on as you can shoot with your rest so you maximize the spin rate. If you shoot a drop away, I would switch to helical anyway to improve broad head flight.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:41 PM

I set mine by watching the contact that the vane or feather makes on the shaft.

If you use a white vane or feather you will be able to see this much better. Then mark you jig.

I have different settings, for the carbon and one for the aluminum.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:00 PM

Would someone mind taking a picture of their Jig setup and posting it here? I'm interested to see how far off centerothers set theirs up and still get good fletch contact. I've been having a little trouble getting thefront and back of my vanes to adhere evenly. If you shoot Gold Tip XT's with Blazer Vanes, it would also be a plus! Thanks.