Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

tuning problem with patriot dually and trophy taker

Old 07-09-2005, 08:52 PM

Default tuning problem with patriot dually and trophy taker

I changed strings, I went with a winners choice. And I tried to paper tune it the up and down is fine but I cant get the left and right to come in unless its out past the reference marks. Everything is in spec and I have the cams leaning towards the cable slide as they suggest. Any suggestions?
Old 07-09-2005, 09:10 PM

Default RE: tuning problem with patriot dually and trophy taker

Your paper tuning wrong(Most people paper tune this way, it is wrong). Paper tuning doesn't tell you the centershot of a bow. It tells you the arrow spine (which arrow rest placement will change). Adjust point weight, draw weight and arrow length until you get the perfect paper tear. Left tears generally mean weak arrows (To fix drop draw weight, point weight, or shorten arrows. Some bows will read backwards).

Here is how I prove that paper tuning doens't tell you centershot. Take a bow and move the arrow rest in/out to get a perfect tear through paper. Change point weights and shoot it again. It will not shoot a bullet hole. Why would point weight change centershot?

Old 07-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: tuning problem with patriot dually and trophy taker

don't have your cams leaning make sure your cams are in line with the string.brad