Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy Zero Effect vs. Shakey Hunter?

Old 07-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muzzy Zero Effect vs. Shakey Hunter?

I'm shooting a Shakey Hunter rest right now, and I like it fine except for the fact that if I don't draw the bow very slowly while the rest is coming up it'll flip the arrow off the launcher and usually onto my bow hand. Not a terribly big deal with field point (other than it is irritating), but with a broadhead it could get ugly. I've mulled over the idea of getting a MZE for a while now, and I'd like to get the opinions of those who've used one or both whether it'd be worth getting the Muzzy.

On a side note, I've tried everything I can think of to adjust the rest so it doesn't come up so abruptly, but apparently the cable movement is such on my Allegiance that I just can't make it come up more gently and still get it to come up all the way. My wifes Hoyt Rintec also sports a Shakey Hunter and she doesn't have any problem with hers at all. It comes up smooth and steady.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 07-09-2005, 04:45 PM

Default RE: Muzzy Zero Effect vs. Shakey Hunter?

I got the Muzzy on my Alley and it is the best rest i have ever used.Also the best bow i have ever had
Old 07-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't tried both ,but do use the zero effect and wouldn't trade it for any other.Only problems that I have ever had with it is ,after a year or so I had to replace the mole skin on the claw,and another time I found that I didn't tighten the claw arm set screw all the way,so my groups got all goofy.I readjusted it and retightned and have had no problems.It's a really solid rest and more simple than any other.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

The MZE is an awesome rest. I have one on all my bows, and doubt I will ever get a different rest. It works flawlessly, and I never have to worry about anything while drawing my bow. I can totally concentrate on watching my target. I recommend it highly. I have not used the SH, so I can't really comment on that.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:40 AM

I've got a Muzzy on my alliegence as well and it works great. One thing I've done is to remove all the overdraw brackets and just run the arm and claw. This works great because the bow techs have such a rock solid wall you don't really need the draw stop that comes with the rest. Once you get it adjusted to stop at the right hight it works perfectly every time. Hey it works for me.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my MZE is on its way. I'm looking forward to recieving it and getting it set up.

Mike

Old 07-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you like it. I can't use it. No cable guard.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:38 AM

driftrider how do you like the rintech i am looking to get my wife a camo bow for hunting?any thing you dont like about it.. the zero effect, its great ,got one on my protech and my back up magtech cant go wrong with it...
Old 07-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

driftrider how do you like the rintech i am looking to get my wife a camo bow for hunting?any thing you dont like about it..
I think it's a great bow. Most of the womens/youth bows feel more like toys than a weapon and seem like they are made just to be a bow to stick arrows into a target until the child/womans strength and endurance is sufficient for a "real" bow. The Rintec is a "real" bow, designed with technology and performance comparable with adult bows, just in a smaller bow and lower draw weight. It's got the Tec riser, Cam 1/2, and shoots remarkably fast for a 40lb bow set at 30lbs. The draw cycle is very smooth and the bow is accurate. I would not hesitate to have her take a clean broadside or quartering away shot at a deer with a good broadhead. I'd probably use a cut-on-contact style head like the Magnus Stinger to maximize penetration, but I see no reason why this bow couldn't produce pass-through performance with a well placed shot.

My wife had never shot a bow until we got her Rintec, and she needs a lot of practice before I'd be comfortable having her take it out to the woods after deer. But the nice thing is that once she's confident in her ability as an archer, she can also be confident in her bow.

Mike

Old 07-11-2005, 09:10 PM

I tried that shakey hunter on one of my bows and had the same problem, arrow wasn't captured, also had trouble with the cord getting in the way of my fletching.
I had a muzzy on my other bow and have never had a problem with the muzzy rest. Muzzy rests are on three bows now, it has never failed to capture an arrow in the four years I have had them..
There isn't any rest out there any bettter the the MZE , some might work just as good, but none work any better.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Zero Effect vs. Shakey Hunter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.