Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

tight points

Old 07-09-2005, 11:47 AM

Default tight points

has anyone been shooting the tight points yet?and what are your opinions with them?
Old 07-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tight points

Are those the ones that have the grooves cut in them that is supposed to spin the arrow more?
Old 07-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

No. New broadhead that uses a O-ringwith a collar. Not trying to blast a head before I try it, but the lack of threads going all the way around the insert shaft bothers me a little...

It does look to be very strong, however. All SS ferrul cut out of one piece and very thick tapered blades.

$11 a piece over at Archery Experts. To re-blade 3 broadheads is $20!

http://www.tightpoint.com/
Old 07-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohh Ok...I remember these now. I seen these in Lancaster catalog, and thought the blades looked pretty awesome. I may be reading too much into this, but the angle of the blades look like it would hinder penetration. [&:]
Old 07-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dairy King

Ohh Ok...I remember these now. I seen these in Lancaster catalog, and thought the blades looked pretty awesome. I may be reading too much into this, but the angle of the blades look like it would hinder penetration. [&:]
...and maybe cause cartwheeling or deflection on quartering shots?? Don't know 'till somebody tries them though.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:23 PM

I picked some up at my local archery shop, just to see if everything they are advertising is true.
I started at 20 yards, dead on, 30 yards dead on, 40 yards dead on, 50 is the furthest I'm able to shoot at my house, dead on!!!
They were awesome! I was very impressed with how easy they were to tune. They flew great, stayed sharp and to be honest I never tuned them between shots.
I thought I was just having a good day, so I shot a couple days later and achieved the same results, tosay I'm sold is an understatement.
Anyway, I need some replacement blades,and the shop had none, so I e-mailed the company and was sent an e-mail back from the ownerof Tightpoint. He told me to swing by his office (here inSan Diego)and he sold me some replacement blades. He gave some information on the heads, showed me some tests and gave me a DVD with someAfrican huntsfeaturing Bob Fromme killing some big animals with a Tightpoint.
I will be hunting hogs later this month with Tighpoint's, I will be sure and post how they perform.
Bryan
Old 07-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Please do. I am interested in how they penetrate with that blade angle. Like I said, I think they look like a tough head. How sharp would you say they were out of the box?