Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The Latest MUST HAVE (STS)!!!!

Old 07-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The Latest MUST HAVE (STS)!!!!

I find it intereting that there is such a wide variety of different results with the STS system. Some folks are claiming it is reducing noise while others aren't. Some are claiming it increases accuracy while others aren't. Why the differing experiences?
Old 07-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMHO it is simply because some people easily psyche themselves into believing something about a product before they even try it. Even though it may not do anything better than the product (or no product) did before hand.

Pound something into someones head long enough and lots of people will begin to believe it. IT's called marketing.

Look at the first post about the STS. If a person was thst pshyched up about the latest thing to hit the archery community that they had to have one you would be hard pressed to change their monds about it.

Well after listening to all of the positive talk about the STS system I broke down and bought one for my Old Glory. And from the first arrow I new it was $40 well spent, if not the best $40 dollars I had ever spent archery wise. It really does as advertised. It makes your bow more forgiving and quieter. Probably more forgiving than quieter in the case of my Old Glory. Not that extra sims rubber can hurt a bow. I really do think this will be the next "MUST HAVE" for most archers. I would not be surprised to see some bows coming from the factory with STS systems already installed. I really thought my OG already was a tack driver but but now it really stacks the arrows together with the STS installed. I'll take some pics of it and post it. In the meantime you can check out their website at: www.stsarchery.com

Has anyone actually tested the STS with a sound meter before and after it was installed and on different bows?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:39 AM

I did not like mine. It masked flaws in my shooting form and is hard on the string fibers. $40.00 sitting in my junk drawer.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

It masked flaws in my shooting form
An interesting comment. Care to elaborate?
Old 07-10-2005, 07:53 AM

I will elaborate but keep in mind this is an evaluation with my equipment, and is just my opinion. If the product works for you and your setup /shooting style then I say go for it.
I am real picky about buying/shooting bows that the bowstring does not touch my arm. If it does slap me then I know I have a problem with my grip and can adjust on the following shot.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:31 PM

bowshopper i just PM you.with a questionabout your sts
my email is [email protected]
Old 07-10-2005, 06:39 PM

How do you adjust the arm length to your bow? and how does it attach to your bow?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:54 PM

Well, I'll chime in. I have an STS system on my BowTech Allegiance and I think that it was $40 well spent. It didn't do too much for removing shock, but this bow was very shock-free to begin with. What it did do though was allow me to take off my factory string silencers (pick up a few fps) and have a bow that was every bit if not slightly quieter than with just the string silencers. This will save me time and money in the long run as standard string silencers don't last too long, especially on todays "speed" bows. Now, as far as accuracy, it helped me. I am not gonna say that it was a device sent from heaven that made me the best archer alive, but it did slightly help.

My buddy has one on his Switchback and he has experienced the same thing as me.

We did tests with these bows. One of us would stand about 5 yards to the side of my bag target while the other would shoot the bow into the target from 20 yards away, and this is what made us believers. You literally could not hear the bow at the shot, all you heard was the arrow cutting the air right before it smacked the target. Both my Allegiance and his Switchback had the same result, and that made us believers!
Old 07-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

How many of you STS'ers have flown your fixed blades with it yet??
If so, any noticable group changes?
This thread got me thinking again (always dangerous). Last week I finished up BH tuning my Darton getting field pt. like flight, accuracy and poi out to 40 yds. Earliest I have been all tuned up and ready. So what do I do? That's right, put the STS back on to test the nock travel idea. I went and shot some bare shaft arrows, but only got to shoot 20 yards before it got too dark. You wanna know what happened? Nothing, nada, zilch. The bare shafts were still flying just fine, and grouping with the field points with fletching. Tomorrow, I'll try to shoot some decent BH groups to see about grouping and impact. Hope I can have another shooting day like the two last week so it might be reasonably meaningful.

BTW, I tried Jerry/NJ's idea of the felt chair pad, as well as also trying the loop side of Velcro in an attempt to quiet the slap some. I do think it worked somewhat. Now if the thing would stay in place longer...[&:] Again, mine seems to work best about 3/16" away from the string. Still a little slap, but not any louder than the bow without it, just a little sharper.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

If it does slap me then I know I have a problem with my grip and can adjust on the following shot.
I found this interesting. If a bowstring slaps you then you believe it to be a grip problem. Why not too long of a draw length? I guess too long of a draw length could lead to improper grip but that shouldn't be something you could change just by adjusting how you grip the bow.

I understand your reason and agree with you but am curious to your reply to my question.

Quick Reply: The Latest MUST HAVE (STS)!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.