Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ideas on mid priced Bows

Old 07-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ideas on mid priced Bows

I just bought a martin Cougar III I LOVE IT
Old 07-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Throw another vote in for the Diamond lineup. Both the Rapture and Triumph are very reasonably priced and well made. Throw in excellent customer service and you have a sure winner.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: ramlovingvet

In Oct I will be getting the bosses Okay for a new bow. I am shooting a 14 year old Silver hawk right now.
Whats a good choice for a Mid priced bow?

Thanks
LOL, I wish I could look into the crystal ball to see when the wife would let me spend some money!! I'd probably make a better choice if I knew it was coming

Have fun shopping
Old 07-09-2005, 06:04 AM

Today, a person would be hard pressed to come up with a mid-priced bow that wasn't a good value. They virtually all shoot well. It's a matted of buying one that has the features you prefer. I'd recommend finding the bow shop in your area with the best reputation for customer service and make your selection from the line-up they offer. Service after the sale will be far more important than any possible differences in the actual bows. The difference in how bows shoot, will depend far more on the knowledge of the person setting it up, and tuning it, than what brand it is.

Good luck!
Old 07-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Straitarrow. There are MANY very good bows out there that are not expensive at all. See what your local shops have. Many manufacturers offer package bows (PSE, Parker, and others) that have everything with them, and won't break the bank. You don't have to spend alot of $ to have a very nice setup. Good luck
Old 07-09-2005, 11:01 AM

I just bought a Reflex Super Slam about a month ago. I've been shooting it all week, and have fallen in love with it! It's fast, quiet, and with that TEC Riser, has hardly any vibration. Sounds like a Reflex ad, huh? Anyway, just my two cents.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

TrophyBux, have you chronied that Superslam, and if so could you provide your specs and obtained speed?

Old 07-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Diamond, Reflex and the Basspro versions of these bows.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:45 PM

DaveC, no I haven't shot through a chronograph, but if I had to guess, I'd say I'm shooting about 280-285 fps. 29" draw length, Beman ICS 400's, NAP quicktune rest, 70 lbs. Let me know if you need more info!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Check out the Pearson lineup too. They have a great selection of smooth, quiet, and fast shooting bows. The Spoiler and Spoiler angle are some great shooting reasonably priced bows. Check them out at www.selectarchery.comJim will help you out in any way he can.

Quick Reply: Ideas on mid priced Bows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.