Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon arrows or Alum.?

Old 07-08-2005, 07:38 AM

Default Carbon arrows or Alum.?

Is that just a matter of choice also?
Old 07-08-2005, 08:17 AM

Default RE: Carbon arrows or Alum.?

Pretty much, but carbons seem to be pretty popular right now. You can do search if you want, there are plenty of threads about the advantages of each.

I shoot aluminums mostly though.

Paul
Old 07-08-2005, 08:42 AM

I heard that carbons use to have a problems shattering, I wonder if it was back when they first came out.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Carbons have come along way since there introduction by easton in 1983.Today they are much more durable,straighter,with much better tolerances.Carbon arrows are lighter by nature making a much faster setup,which is probably the #1 factor in sales.
Easton has the ACC which has the straightness of alluminum and the fast flying,light weight of carbon.That being said,its probably the best selling "arrow" for target and hunters alike.
Its all a matter of preference.
There are so many sizes of alluminum on the market there will be one to suit your needs.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Aluminums all the way.... That's the way my bow was setup to shoot, so that iswhat I am sticking with. I mean, Easton XX75's are virtually everywhere and dirt cheap too.

Butch A.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Dominant Buck

For me ,if you want better groups.....CARBON TERMINATORS Chuck
Old 07-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Aluminums all the way.... That's the way my bow was setup to shoot, so that iswhat I am sticking with. I mean, Easton XX75's are virtually everywhere and dirt cheap too.

Butch A.
Agree +1
Old 07-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I second the vote for the ACCs or A/C Super Slims. You get a very good arrow with the benefits of both worlds
Old 07-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I love this argument. It has been going on for years and will continue to go on probably long after I am gone. I shamelessly admit shooting mid-priced carbons...both Beman ICS Hunters and Easton Carbon Excels. I feel that I get very good accuracy out of both arrows and have found them to be extremely durable.

As for the issue of spine, weight and straightness consistancy...what can I say? I think they have improved in recent years but will agree that they still aren't quite at the level of aluminums. I will say though that, eventually, they will catch up and then I would be interested to see what type of arguments many of the die-hard aluminum guys can come up with.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:53 PM

The first argument would be spine choice. Aluminums offer a much wider selection of spine choices than most carbon arrows do. Other than that when the quality control and consistancy matches aluminums for the same price it will be a hard argument.

Paul

Quick Reply: Carbon arrows or Alum.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.