Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Do Last Year's Broadheads Need Touch Up?

Old 07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do Last Year's Broadheads Need Touch Up?

I have some Muzzy 3 blade broadheads that I have never shot, but have been in my quiver for all of last season and then some. I broke them down probably a month or so ago and put the blades back into the container they came in. Do you think they need to be sharpened or should they be good to go this season? What do you use to touch up replaceable blades?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do Last Year's Broadheads Need Touch Up?

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

I have some Muzzy 3 blade broadheads that I have never shot, but have been in my quiver for all of last season and then some. I broke them down probably a month or so ago and put the blades back into the container they came in. Do you think they need to be sharpened or should they be good to go this season? What do you use to touch up replaceable blades?
New replaceable blades usually............you can get the replacements for Muzzy's so dirt cheap on ebay that's what I would do if you feel the originals aren't sharp enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36096&item =7168188071&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Old 07-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most broad heads will loose their edge over time and specially if they have been in a quiver.

All I do a couple of times during the season is give the blades a strop on a leather belt that will put the edge back on them.

Once I have shot the broad head I replace the blades after making sure the ferrel is straight.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with the others. It is such a small price to pay to replace the blades and yet it can have such a huge impact on your hunt. I would replace them.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ausie thats will work?