Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

One down...!

Old 07-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default One down...!

Roughly 200 shots through it and just shot the first tentacle thingy off the string silencers on my Allegiance. Nine more to go! People weren't kidding when they said they don't last long. I might justhave to break down and buyan STSsilencer whenmore than half of them are gone. Maybe while I'm at it I'll install a No-Peep so I can get theeverything but my d-loop, tied onnocks and speed buttons off the string.

So many accessories, so littlecash!Ain't life a B***H! [8D]

Mike
Old 07-06-2005, 08:16 PM

Default RE: One down...!

I had one arm break on me, then I shot for another 500 shots before another broke. They lasted longer than I expected.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

IF anyone actually saw a slow-mo video of a high performance bow being shot , trust me you'd wonder how the BOW stays together let alone the little rubber squid arms on a silencer!
You should see Sight bars and stuff flexing and vibrating all over the place.[:-]
Violent stuff.

No rubber molded silencer on the market will take unlimited abuse.......Cat Whiskers served to the string and clipped very short are probably the most durable/practical alternative for an in string silencer method.

But like you said........so many accessories and so little time (and cash).

Rubber's cheap, play hard.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been shooting my Patriot Dually for over a year now and have plenty of shot's througfh it ,but I'm yet to lose any arm's off my silencer's ,they';re still in one piece ,maybe I'm just lucky .

nubo
Old 07-06-2005, 11:46 PM

I've had my Allegiance since the end of December and have only lost one "arm" off the top string silencer I shoot heavier arrows and think that is the key to making your bow and everything on it last longer. The lightest arrows I've shot through it were Easton FatBoy 340's at about 392 grains. The bow is a 60/29 incher
Old 07-07-2005, 05:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just out of curiousity, what type of setup are you shooting out of it...draw weight, length and arrow weight? The reason I ask is because I have been shooting my Old Glory for the better part of 6 months now and haven't had a single squidee arm come off yet.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just out of curiousity, what type of setup are you shooting out of it...draw weight, length and arrow weight?
29" draw length, 71lbs peak weight, 28" Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595's, 100gr points, that weigh 380gr +/- 3grs or so total. I haven't chrony'd it, but I'd guess that it's shooting a shade over 300fps. I've thought about going to 125gr points which would take my weight up to a 405gr or so, and my shafts are spined well enough to handle them. It'd slow the bow down a touch, but would probably be quieter and cause the string silencer to last longer.

Mike

Old 07-07-2005, 10:35 AM

My 2314's weigh 518 grains and are still doing 257 fps for hunting, the 60 pounder just whispers when it goes and you feel nothing in the grip