Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need help with my tuning

Old 07-05-2005, 07:33 PM

Default need help with my tuning

laser tuned to center. after shot paper is tearing to the right (point to the left ,fletching to the right.) I moved rest right, i moved rest left. nothing seems to work. could my arrrows be to stiff? or is my form are messed up. oh yeah i am using a string loop with a whisker biscuit
Old 07-05-2005, 07:37 PM

Default RE: need help with my tuning

Right tear, move rest to the left. How far is the paper from you when you shoot? Does it change if the paper is moved down range? How much tear are we talking here? Yes, it could be the spine of the arrow. What size arrows, length, and draw weight?
Old 07-06-2005, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes a WB will show tears opposite of what you expect. This is especially true if you over compensate with initial adjustments. If you move the rest one way and it doesn't work, try going the other direction, just make small adjustments until you get the results you need.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you a right handed - or left handed archer?
What draw weight do you shoot?
how long and what size arrows are you useing ?
what size tips are you useing ?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could be arrow spine. Could be bow-hand torque. One thing often overlooked is cam lean, or in this case possibly idler wheel lean. If the cams aren't square with the limbs and riser the string is going to oscillate sideways on the shot, basically driving the nock sideways as the string travels foreward. If this is the case then try twisting up one side of the yoke to square the idler wheel. If you have sever cam-lean (bottom limb then you're stuck with what you got---thus, one of the pitfalls of the "blessed" solo cam.