Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need a favor

Old 07-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Need a favor

Hello,
I have an old Darton Trailblazer. It has steel cables. It was caught on something last week and when I pulled it the tear drop is a little twisted. Also my peep sight needs put back in place. Would one of you guys want the job of getting and putting on a new cable for me and securing my cheap peep sight.It's already in place.It's not a bad shooting bow. I was just told to be safe than sorry.
PM me or e- mail me about a price and your address so I can send it.
Thanks Chuck
Old 07-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Need a favor

I got some one thanks.
That was fast.
Chuck
Old 07-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I was led to an archery shop near Tampa. What a blessing and intelligent archer. It did not take him long to say there was nothing wrong with my cables. He said." The tear drops are made to turn like that." He knew though immediately why my arrows were inconsistant. Kind of embarassing but here goes....I had a left handed rest on my right handed bow. He put the correct rest on and a string loop and watched me shoot a few arrows. He also fixed my peep all for 20.00.
I just got back from shooting. Wow, what a difference. Some of you might be wondering about the rest. It was a cobra one with the fingers that are spread apart. I had the thing up side down on the opposite side of the bow. I was actually getting some ok groups but the arrow was doing weird stuff. Now the arrows go straight and my groups are flirting with that little yellow circle in the middle.
Chuck
Old 07-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good deal Chuck.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks man.
My middle name is Humble pie.
Chuck
Old 07-06-2005, 03:20 PM

"Being there done tha"t,LOL

Glad you found an honest guy.
Good shooting this year.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Alex,
This man's store is like a bow hunter's paradise. He just shot a 600 lb bear from Canada. The man is good. It was worth the 27 miles of driving. He didn't even try to sell me a new bow. He has a lot of trophies on the wall and is very caring. I'll be back,
Chuck
Old 07-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like Jimmy from up here. It's usually 4 dollars an hour, but if it's just me and a another friend or two shooting, he lets us shoot all day long for only 4 bucks. In fact one time I was there, one of my hunting buddies was there. Jimmy replaced his string loop, set his nock point, adjusted his peep, adjusted his sites, lengthened his bow, and gave him pointers, which took about 3 hours and he only charged him 8 dollars for everything. He only charged me 4 bucks for 3 hours of shooting, I did most of the stuff myself, He doesnt know how to work on Oneidas, so he just gave me the tools. But he did tie in my kisser and put a little ball of serving on my string for my nose. All for 4 bucks just for me. I know I will be going back to shoot later this week. Hopefully he is there.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Dominant Buck

That is really nice knowing that everyone is not a rip off. I was actually shocked. Down here in Florida you can expect to be ripped off. You bring in a wad of cash and expect a big bill. It's nice to run into good people once in awhile. I'm happy for ya.
Chuck
Old 07-07-2005, 06:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Another story of the invaluable service of a nice, reputable pro shop. I am glad things worked out for you.

Quick Reply: Need a favor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.