Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limb/poundage adjustment question

Old 07-04-2005, 07:03 AM

Default Limb/poundage adjustment question

I have just recently add as much weight as I could to my draw weight(70#). I tried to turn my bolts the same amount of turns but think one could have been turned slightly more than the other. How can I check this and what can it do to my bow if they are a little off? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Limb/poundage adjustment question

You could crank it all the way you can on both limbs, then back off being consistant with each limb, just write down how much more cranks you put on them to put you back... Not all bows will max out what the draw weight is. Example just because a bow manufactor says the bow is 55-70 you may not get 70 out of it. It could be maxed at 68 or 72 like mine is. After you've done that take it to a bow shop and have it checked on a scale to see what our actual draw is.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limb/poundage adjustment question

The way that I know thelimbs are set even is to check the tiller measurment. If you have a 2 cam bow, measure from the string to the limb pocket on both top and bottom and make adjustments as needed. If you have a solo cam. Take some dental floss and stretch it from axle to axle. Measure this line to the limb pockets and adjust as needed. This will get you back to the limbs being set even.